Thread: Tried "The Tuning School" transmission guide, but want a real tuner - 2011 6L80 Truck

Tuner in Training

Tried "The Tuning School" transmission guide, but want a real tuner - 2011 6L80 Truck

Hi all,
    Long time lurker. Tried to tune my stock 2011 truck 6L80 with "The Tuning School" transmission guide. It woke the truck up, but the shifts are not the best and has some random flare-ups. WOT shifts are bad and feel like I am doing a neutral drop on the trans which I really do not like. I am done trying to play with the trans tune and am wondering who are the best 6L80 tuners out there I can pay to tune my trans via email?

Or if anyone knows a reputable tuner in the South Houston area?

Thanks for any help.

Ben

I'm no pro but I've been at it for a while.

Here is my previous 2012 truck, use what you want from the changes I made. It may require some fine tuning and stuff to get it how you want it. Always make sure to reset the pressure presets with the VCM scanner prior to driving the truck after making pressure and preset changes.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Hi 5FDP,
    Thanks for the reply! It is much appreciated. I am a huge noob at this so please forgive my ignorance, but how do I reset the pressure presets with the VCM scanner?

Thanks again for your help. I will give it a try and get back with ya.

Ben
    Last edited by Houston Ben; 01-01-2020 at 06:11 PM.

After the tune is flashed, open the scanner and connect to the truck. Use the vehicle controls/functions tab, then find the transmission tab. In there should be a transmission pressure preset buttons. Click reset, then click preset. Then it will relearn the changes you made. First couple shifts and times through all the gears may feel like a pogo effect or lunging feeling but it goes away after a bit. After that you can start the truck.

I don't have a screen shot of the screen but you'll be able to see it.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Done and done!

Thanks for your help, this tune is awesome!! Crisp, but not harsh and so far no flare or power drops.

Thank you soooo much 5FDP!!

Ben

I didn't work at that everyday but that's probably 2-3 years of just trying stuff when I had time and that was the end result.

Like I said, tweak stuff as you see fit. Never had a problem with that truck and I don't drive like a grandma either sometimes.

Potential Tuner
    Hey, Houston Ben!

Thank you for purchasing the Transmission Guide from The Tuning School!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having bad experiences with your WOT shifting.
    Feel free to send in a support ticket with a log so we can see what is happening there and get your truck shifting properly.

In the meantime our second sales office is based in the NW Houston so we have prime knowledge of the area.
    Feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected] so I can get you set up with a reputable tuner in your area if that is still your desire.