Thread: Im New please help

Tuner in Training

Question Im New please help

ok so I just got the MVPI last week Im new to the whole tuning thing trying to tune my 2011 mustang gt airaid cai, full exhaust and granatelli coil packs. Ive tried to do a normal tune and ghost tune with no luck. If anyone could look at this and help I would greatly appreciate it thanks. Here is my tune file and a idle datalog justin mustang stock tune 2 step.hptghost cam 1.hpl
    Last edited by justin_ride; 01-01-2020 at 09:37 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Do some searches first before just jumping in if this is all new. There is a ton of coyote material on here that many were nice enough to go quite in detail over. I spent months on here reading and met some great people along the way before I even made a single tune file change. That was 2 years ago and this tuning community is amazing to be apart of.

Tuner in Training
    I Have been searching a lot on here, the tuning school, tuning books ect.

Advanced Tuner
    You need to log the right PIDs. The ones you have are all basic SAE PIDs which will prevent you from learning what you need. Look for a post titled "2018 mustang gt tuning long tube headers," it's a recent post a couple of threads down from this one. I posted a channel list in that thread. Download it and delete the S550 Mapped Points from the list and add the Mapped points for S197.

You probably need to multiply your MAF curve by .83

Increase your idle RPM to 900, increase your Max Idle Setpoint to 1150
    Change RPM Max Error Enable and Disable both to 300.

In Airflow > Variable Vam Tab Below Mapped Points click Fuel Economy, delete the 10. Change it to 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
    Below Distance Tables, click Fuel Economy. Change the 750RPM coolumn all to 0.
    Under that, open Emission Reduction and Optimum Stability Distance Tables and 0 both tables.
    Under Cumbustion Stability Click Exhaust Cam. At 120 degrees, the first row that begins with 10's all the way to the right, change those 10's to 20's.

In Torque Mangement, disable the Oscillation Switch, set Torque Limit Timer to 1000 seconds.

Advanced Tuner
    My suggestion is get the car dialed in with stock cam settings first before jumping into ghost cam tuning. Once you start ghost cam tuning it may take a lot of revisions for you to learn and perfect it..... Also try different cam settings. You can go with less overlap and still have very nice chop without sacrificing drivability if you know what you're doing
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Tuner in Training
    I appreciate all the help and advise I am in over my head to quickly so I am going to pay for a remote tune while playing with this tune and trying to learn as much as I can. If anyone can recommend good educational videos or books to learn a lot about LS3s and coyotes please lmk.

Tuner in Training
    Send me your file and ill put a calibration together and explain some things

Tuner in Training

ghost cam

thanks I appreciate it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    I paid for a remote tune and my car is still running Lean.