Thread: Easy Access Cable 2019 Challenger HC

Potential Tuner

Easy Access Cable 2019 Challenger HC

Hello,

Before calling in I thought I would ask here. Will swapping out the cable to by pass the gateway allow me to pull the tune from a factory unlocked PCM? I tried to copy the tune from a unlocked PCM so I could look it over and it telling me that the interface failed to start.

Car Details :
    2019 Challenger Hellcat.
    Factory Locked PCM
    Easy Access cable not yet installed.

I would like to know if I am seeing something broken or if I am not allowed to pull the factory tune from the car with out it being unlocked. I was told when I ordered that I could use only the mpvi2 and pull the tune from the car. However, I am able to get the VCM Editor to identify the car. When I go and click "Read" its telling me that the interface failed to start. I am worried that installing the bypass cable would generate a perm code that would make it so that anything I find while logging, which I kinda have, would negate my warranty. Trying to see what going on with this car as things like the timing, misfires, and a few other things do not add up with other cars.

In my case it a new car purchased off the lot after Dodge replaced a lemon. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'll be calling in the morning over to HP Tuners anyway to try and get some more info.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by munkybutt; 01-01-2020 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Adding files and comments

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    to read or write you need to the Smart key cable for 2018+
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    I was able to read my 2019 RAM DT 1500 with Gateway Bypass installed. It asked me for 2 credits to write and I have not went that far yet. wondering if it will let me write...
    Attached Files Attached Files