Thread: Air limit issue. Defueling and delayed shifts

Tuner

Air limit issue. Defueling and delayed shifts

Starting to build a max effort tune for my 06, but I am running into a air limit issues that is causing The truck to defuel and have delayed shifts.. I have been looking on the forum and havent found anything on air limit fuel correction.. Looking back over the tune I Cant find anything that jumps out to me.. hoping someone can point me in the direction to fix this! Thank you! && Happy New Year!!
    Nick 06 3200us.hpt
    3200 air limit.hpl
    3200us air limit.hpl

Banned
    Haven?t taken a full look at it yet but one issue I see is in the upper rpm, you yank fuel 3220rpms and that?s where you are running into the air limit as well in those upper rpms.

Banned
    Possibility you are bouncing off the ?Max Airflow? limit table.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Possibility you are bouncing off the ?Max Airflow? limit table.
    Ok thank you, I have my pedal map set to 0 at 3600rpm. and 4000rpm maybe I should raise those? and my max airflow table is maxed out

Tuner
    Also raised my rpm fuel limit to 3800rpm

Banned
    In the tune you emailed me, if it?s the same as what you posted in this thread, isn?t maxed out.

Tuner
    Yes I see that.. I thought I did.. fixed now! Going to test drive it and see how it does!

Tuner
    Issue is still there with airflow maxed out, rpm raised, and pedal map raised
    3200us rev 1.hpl
    Nick 06 3200us rev 1.hpt

Tuner
    Have you messed with maf?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Kavney View Post
    Have you messed with maf?
    No I have not..

This is probably one of the limiter that's stopping your fueling in that log, It limits right at 150mm3 Limiter.PNG Edit: your RPM limit is set to 150MM3 That is one of the limiting issues, Also JimP is right on
    with your full throttle fueling Transient, it only fuels to 3220 RPM where it cuts out again. I still don't know if the proportional, Integral and Derivative positive limiters will actually limit your fueling. I'm not a dodge guy
    Last edited by JaegerWrenching; 01-18-2020 at 02:16 AM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    This is probably one of the limiter that's stopping your fueling in that log, It limits right at 150mm3 Limiter.PNG Edit: your RPM limit is set to 150MM3 That is one of the limiting issues, Also JimP is right on
    with your full throttle fueling Transient, it only fuels to 3220 RPM where it cuts out again. I still don't know if the proportional, Integral and Derivative positive limiters will actually limit your fueling. I'm not a dodge guy
    Ok I?ll take a look at that later today!

You need to disable your proportional limiter, and also the full throttle fueling you should max out. You have it start pulling fuel at 3220. The proportional limiter is a big part of it though.