Thread: Tundra SAI

Potential Tuner

Tundra SAI

Does anyone on here know if Secondary air can be disabled on Toyotas through Hpt. have google searched and used forum search to no avail. this is one of the many reasons I bought my mpvi2 and any help would be appreciated TIA.

Tuner
    Absolutely.

Potential Tuner
    Could you elaborate? I have a 2007 Tundra with that is in limited power mode due to SAI codes. I have unchecked all of the SAI codes which keeps the check engine light out, but it is still in limited power mode. I am not sure what I am missing.

Potential Tuner
    Changed values under (airflow-electronic throttle-sec air-fault a-fault b). No more limited throttle.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by workshop bot View Post
    Changed values under (airflow-electronic throttle-sec air-fault a-fault b). No more limited throttle.

Does anyone know if the sai valves need to be blocked off? And if the check engine light comes on or can be disabled?

Thanks

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rockchip View Post
    Does anyone know if the sai valves need to be blocked off? And if the check engine light comes on or can be disabled?

Thanks
    If you're disabling the SAI System and the "limp mode", I'd strongly encourage you to use a block off plate.

Perfect thanks! I assume that the valves under the intake are what should be blocked off? Anything else?

Senior Tuner
    What are these SAI system your talking about?

Truck has supercharger on it, I assume need to raise TPS to 86 or so so its not torque limiting?
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

"secondary air injection" it seems to be like the old '70's air pumps designed to scam the emissions testing equipment

What did you change the values to?

Quote Originally Posted by rockchip View Post
    What did you change the values to?
    For no throttle intervention due to SAI fault, increase the values in the Engine -> Airflow -> Electronic Throttle -> Limits -> Sec Air Fault -> Air Fault A/B tables to a value equal to or greater than the values in Engine -> Airflow -> Electronic Throttle -> Max Rotation -> Max Angle/Max Angle B (86 degrees in a stock file).

Thanks, slow stock! That's what I figured, but wanted to double check. Hopefully this will help the next guy who does a search.

Potential Tuner
    So did this work .
    I have a 08 Tundra 4x4 4.7