Thread: 1968 F100 frame swap 4.6 2v tuning help

Potential Tuner

1968 F100 frame swap 4.6 2v tuning help

Hey guys first post here. I have been looking around the forum and other areas but with no luck.

I have a 1968 F100 that is full frame swapped, I am running a 2010 crown vic PI motor, trans, and fuel system.

I recently installed some cams and have been pecking away at the tune trying to get it right but I seem to have some issues that I cant really find an ansewer on how to fix.
    I am mechanically inclined but a noob when it comes to tuning with hp turners (there is a lot of stuff here)
    I am going to attach the log and my current tune. If anybody would take a look at it that would be great!

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    What are some good tuning books for the 2v ford engine. I am willing to do the work to learn this. I am not asking for a handout just looking for some pointers.

Advanced Tuner
    Start by dialing in your MAF transfer function. Right now your not logging MAF voltage so I can't tell for sure if that's right. That's the foundation for this gen ECM, ensure your wideband is always running and being logged.

Designing and Tuning High-Performance Fuel Injection Systems by Greg Banish is pretty good.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the reply I have ordered a wideband to install in the truck for tuning purposes, Just waiting for it to arrive. What is the MAF voltage suppose to look like or do kinda dumb in this area waiting on some reading material to come in now

Advanced Tuner
    There is a bunch of stuff in this forum about it. Go into VCM scanner and set up a graph, label it something like MAF correction:
    Parameter: LTFT+STFT (math)
    Unit: Percent %
    Decimals: 3
    Filtering: none

Column axis: leave this empty

Row axis:
    Parameter: mass airflow volts [sensor]
    Unit: Volt (V)
    Values: You will copy the values out of your tune under Engine --> Airflow --> MAF calibration --> airflow vs. voltage

Run the truck around warm and logging, try to grab as many values as you can. Copy the values out of the graph, go into your tune and paste special: multiply by percent.

You will have to do this a few times but you should get to a very small error in a few logs.