Thread: PIDs disappearing when recording?

Tuner in Training

PIDs disappearing when recording?

Hi guys,
    I just recently got my MPVI2, and I have been having some trouble with the VCM Scanner. I am trying to tune my 2005 Monte Carlo SS with the 3.8L SC L67 engine. I have added a bunch of PIDs I want to log, but after hitting record most of them disappear. Things I have tried include
    • Repolling supported parameters
    • Deleting and then readding PIDs while connected, then repolling for params
    • Installing the newest version
    • Installing the newest beta version

Here are my PIDs while connected to the vehicle
    1.PNG

And here is the PID list after hitting record
    2.PNG

Any advice?
    Last edited by Keudn; 01-05-2020 at 02:12 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Update your software to the newest and repoll

If that doesn't fix it open a support ticket please.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    For those with the same issue, the solution was to install the BETA version and launch it, it installs separately from the normal branch and has (BETA) after the program name.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Keudn View Post
    For those with the same issue, the solution was to install the BETA version and launch it, it installs separately from the normal branch and has (BETA) after the program name.
    Thanks have that problem sometimes i just close it and open it a couple of times usually works

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by the demon View Post
    Thanks have that problem sometimes i just close it and open it a couple of times usually works
    Yeah. That shouldn't be the case. The main one I have been having is my serial input from my wideband just not showing up. Any other software can see it, drivers are detected. Just, sometimes, hpt ownt see it. Repoll restart. Sometimes it works others not so much. It would be nice if we could choose the com port in vcm scanner like you can in every other serial communications appthat supports multiplexing. And of course, can't read the logs as far as I know so you gotta wait on an email response (no support number..........). Makes for a rather embarrassing experience when you cannot tell your client what's going on because of no access to the data to troubleshoot. I get why, but it just sucks.

Supporting the serial port sensors has always been a burden.

Serial port was a nice to move away from ground offsets in A/D inputs. Now, we recommend using sensors that provide CAN outputs and hooking up to the MPVI 2 w/Pro Feature Set using a Pro Link.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    MVPI2 stranded, AEM WB white wire hooked up to the AC pressure wire, have a 3 way switch. have A PID but disappears when i try to start scanning ?? Im sure i have something wrong just not sure what.

Advanced Tuner
    AEM x series OBDII wideband works well with MPVI2 standard