Thread: I need a compatible 4l60e for a segment swap. <<9373372 7283008>>

Tuner in Training

I need a compatible 4l60e for a segment swap. <<9373372 7283008>>

Did swap, last used this file on a Dually with a 4L80e now I has it in a suburban that has a 4L60e.

here is the break down of my build file.Annotation 2020-01-05 180115.jpg

and here is my build file2020_01_SUB_WANTS_4l60E.hpt

I've searched and searched... I don't find one.... would love to drive this one.

Thank you in advance!!!!

Robert

The segment swap should be done with the stock OS. So you'd want to revert it back to the stock 9373372 OS, then find a 4L60e segment file.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    5FDP,

Thank you for that... am still learning... I was just about to ask.... about 6 months ago someone told me that if I couldn't find anything that was compatible that I could just copy the whole thing, tab by tab.

Is that a true statement?

Tab by tab doesn't work if you still have to do the segment swap to make it have a 4L60e transmission. All the background stuff will still think it's a 4L80e.

If you have the stock tune, it's as simple as flashing that back in. Doing the segment swap and copying back over the data from the previous tune.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Okay, I just am looking at this wrong. I am trying a different approach, which again isn't working.

Background: had a 2004 suburban 5.3, 4l60e seals were bad in it and the interior smelled horrible (both engine and trans) were transplants in it, at ran okay.

picked up a 2002 suburban, roller, no harness, no ecm, no fuse box.

Got everything physically transferred. (from the 2004 to the 2002).

Picked a harness (drive by wire because the truck was (never could get this to work so I converted it to drive by cable (this worked up until one or two builds ago now it’s rough and the trans is in limp mode.)) from local pick a part and an ecm from a different junk yard. (2001 suburban, 5.3, 4l60e)

Connected everything, tried to start it, it did but it was doing what I call a VATS start. Downloaded the build, changed the VATS, up loaded, starts but is rough… now that takes a license… okay buy a license …, tried to load back the engine stuff that I had working great… I am either doing it wrong or something because it wants another license when I do that.

I’ve been a software developer for the last 40 years, a backyard mechanic for the last 50 years, in the last two days I’ve burned up 6 licenses because I don’t understand something… but I am not sure what it is I don’t understand.

Shouldn’t I be able to take a computer (ecm) any ecm that fits the basic’s engine size, transmission, etc. and just make little tweaks here and there and have it work? What I’m I doing wrong?