Thread: Stock Tune

Tuner in Training

Stock Tune

Greetings all, Just picked up a 2008 Silverado 5.3 WITH Flex Fuel and AFM. The previous owner had a buddy delete the AFM and changed some other things and messed it up big time. Would some one have a stock tune for this vehicle that i can compare and get things back in check.

Thanks in advance!!!

Log into your customer page. I believe in the devices section there should be a tune repository, see if there is a stock file located in there.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Here ya go. I'd use the compare function and just change the parameters that are different from stock.

2008silverado53Lcrewcabstock.hpt

Tuner in Training
    ok will have a look, Thanks!!

Potential Tuner
    Thanks 5FDP, have been looking for this.

Senior Tuner
    There is no one single calibration for a 2008 Silverado 5.3 WITH Flex Fuel and AFM. There are going to be multiple calibrations for that year vehicle because of differences in how they are optioned. Post your VIN and I'll see if I have a correct one.

Tuner in Training
    2GCEK133081320706 Thanks for your help

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    There is no one single calibration for a 2008 Silverado 5.3 WITH Flex Fuel and AFM. There are going to be multiple calibrations for that year vehicle because of differences in how they are optioned. Post your VIN and I'll see if I have a correct one.
    2GCEK133081320706 Thanks for your help

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Log into your customer page. I believe in the devices section there should be a tune repository, see if there is a stock file located in there.
    So i downloaded the stock file i found that was best for my application and when i did a driving scan i noticed the AFR Command is at 12.85, and the LTFT were really rich.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Here ya go. I'd use the compare function and just change the parameters that are different from stock.

2008silverado53Lcrewcabstock.hpt
    thanks

Senior Tuner
    This one is really close. All the ECM segments match what the VIN calls for except for segment 4 which is the speedometer segment. All the TCM Segments match for what the VIN calls for. The different ECM segment 4 is probably for a different tire size. If it was for a different gear ratio there would be a difference in the TCM too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Here is a 25 min. cruse, noticed 02 bank one seams to hang longer than bank 2, and AFR has come up some. Pulled a plug on cylinder one and sure doesn't look like it running rich lol....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    This one is really close. All the ECM segments match what the VIN calls for except for segment 4 which is the speedometer segment. All the TCM Segments match for what the VIN calls for. The different ECM segment 4 is probably for a different tire size. If it was for a different gear ratio there would be a difference in the TCM too.
    Thank you 2xLS1, will compare it now

Senior Tuner
    12.85 Commanded A/F equates to around 31% alcohol content in the fuel. If you are not blending E85 with either E0 or E10, then you are experiencing the crap Virtual flex fuel alcohol content system. Happens a lot on GM Virtual FF system. It computes the % alcohol content wrong.

Tuner in Training
    12.85 Commanded A/F equates to around 31% alcohol content in the fuel. If you are not blending E85 with either E0 or E10, then you are experiencing the crap Virtual flex fuel alcohol content system. Happens a lot on GM Virtual FF system. It computes the % alcohol content wrong.
    i see, thanks for the info

Tuner in Training
    2xLS1 i compared the tunes and they are in fact the same other than small differences in the spedo category.