Thread: 2015 Suburban Whipple Surge

Potential Tuner

2015 Suburban Whipple Surge

Hi, I?m hoping someone can help me out with a part throttle issue I?m having on a whipple?d suburban. Mods are whipple, Cam w 30% fuel lobe, CAI, Headers, exhaust and 3.73?s. The issue is when part throttle boosting the throttle wants to flutter kicking the car in and out of boost making the car jerk. I?ve tried a lot of different things and have gotten it a lot better by getting the VVE tables fixed up but I?m still having the issue. Anyone else run into this and get it figured out? Or do I just need the VVE dialed in even tighter?
    Last edited by Triston133; 01-11-2020 at 01:34 PM.

you have a restrictor pill in the bypass line?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    your tune its completely off
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by str8dum1 View Post
    you have a restrictor pill in the bypass line?
    Is this known to help with supercharger surge? Any more details?

Potential Tuner
    The whipple is installed as it comes so I’ll have to double check on the restrictive pill. The whole tune is completely off?
    Last edited by Triston133; 01-08-2020 at 12:48 PM.

yes map sensor is off, VVT is off VVE is off DD is off

noting adjust for your fuel lope

Potential Tuner
    Ok. Cam is locked out, map sensor is a 3bar now. What kind of changes are made for the fuel lobe?

i sent you a PM

If anyone has any tips to remedy this whipple surge at low throttle I am interested. I have an issue with very low throttle surging after shifts

Attached is a cal, log and a photo of the issue. This is a 2017 6.2/A8 Truck. Pedal is steady. Throttle and MAP (and torque) jump around wildly. Reached out to Whipple and their response was that this issue can be dampened but not eliminated.

whipple channels.hpl
    Whipple - Modified.hpt
    Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 10.51.36 AM.png

Is your bypass hooked up to the boosted side or the vacuum side?

Quote Originally Posted by yonson View Post
    Is your bypass hooked up to the boosted side or the vacuum side?
    It?s as it came out of the box. I was looking at the hose routing. Looks like it has two small brass elbows and goes underneath the housing. Connecting separately from the Evap and crankcase. Any input on the stock whipple setup?

Looking at your screen shot, your foot is steady and SPEED is increasing as the blade changes. Try this real quick; put the entire driver-demand table back to stock for that vehicle, and re-test this part throttle. If that goes away, adjust only the WOT portion at the bottom of the table, as-needed, to keep the blade from closing @ actual WOT. See what you get.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

i pulled 20% of my DD out of midrange and that got the TPS to follow closer to APP

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Looking at your screen shot, your foot is steady and SPEED is increasing as the blade changes. Try this real quick; put the entire driver-demand table back to stock for that vehicle, and re-test this part throttle. If that goes away, adjust only the WOT portion at the bottom of the table, as-needed, to keep the blade from closing @ actual WOT. See what you get.
    Will try this. I think I have already tried with stock DD. It was better but not perfect. This is the whipple cal currently, FYI. Also considering trying the CTS-V LT4/8L90E DD table as well.

Can anyone explain the ECU logic that gets it shoot up the throttle/MAP so rapidly? Surely the few MPH of speed that is gradually added is not the whole story.

Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    What high pressure fuel pump are you running. Also as mentioned above did you change anything for the fuel lobe on the cam, I fought a issue similar to yours on a 16 escalade with a lt4 swap i had lt4 injectors and lt4 pump and i missed the settings for the pump, copied fuel pump data from a lt4 vette worked perfect. Not saying thats your issue but worth checking i was trying boost bypass valve checking hoses and played alot with driver demand table. Hope it helps

Tuning Addict
    Your welcome to use the DD in this one "Final". The other tune is more in line with your setup only it also has ported heads...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GHuggins; 01-15-2020 at 09:08 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC