Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with 2017 Silverado 6.2l Pulling timing from Tq mgt from a stop/slow roll

I think I may be having the same issue, my 2018 Denali 6.2 is bone stock and I haven't touched fuel or spark yet. I did notice mine is showing KR at a very light throttle.Attachment 95921Attachment 95921

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badc10 View Post
    Here's a recent log file. Look at 1m25s mark. That was one spot where timing was excessively pulled.

Not making any further changes, until my I/M Readiness Monitors are "complete". Past due for SMOG check (inspection sticker). I need that done, in order to pass, and reinstall window tint. Nothing super dark, but Louisiana is so damn strict, but not as bad as Cali. :P

That's a bad amount of timing pull for sure. You don't seem to have tq mgt advanced logged so I cant tell for sure that tq mgt is whats pulling timing, but if I had to guess it is. So the table I adjusted to remove that excessive timing pull is 12701 and 12793 This is listed under Engine, spark, advance and all the way to the right side and down. Listed as minimum spark, base and long term. Also when I did adjust this table I only did it from 56 cylinder grams up to 1 and from 800 rpms to 3000rpms. Trying to copy the entire high octane table will cause shift to be super hard up top cause there wont be any timing pull during the shifts.

Good luck.

Ryan

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase08 View Post
    I think I may be having the same issue, my 2018 Denali 6.2 is bone stock and I haven't touched fuel or spark yet. I did notice mine is showing KR at a very light throttle.Attachment 95921Attachment 95921

Chase are you running 93 octane?

Ryan

I?m in Cali so 91 is the best we have and that?s what I use.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase08 View Post
    I?m in Cali so 91 is the best we have and that?s what I use.
    Do you have a log of the timing pull at light throttle?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FastV View Post
    That's a bad amount of timing pull for sure. You don't seem to have tq mgt advanced logged so I cant tell for sure that tq mgt is whats pulling timing, but if I had to guess it is. So the table I adjusted to remove that excessive timing pull is 12701 and 12793 This is listed under Engine, spark, advance and all the way to the right side and down. Listed as minimum spark, base and long term. Also when I did adjust this table I only did it from 56 cylinder grams up to 1 and from 800 rpms to 3000rpms. Trying to copy the entire high octane table will cause shift to be super hard up top cause there wont be any timing pull during the shifts.

Good luck.

Ryan
    Looking at those tables now (again). Made some change to 0.60 on thru 1.24., but only up to 2,800rpm. See attached screenshots. Now.... it "bucks" when I attempt that same scenario. It's almost as it if tries to go, falls flat, and goes hard again. Gonna think about this a bit more...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 1badc10; 01-19-2020 at 06:18 PM. Reason: added attachment
    **Capt. Ron - 7th Dist. Fire**

Tuner
    Screenshot (1).png

If you open your file in the beta version, you will see immediate and predicted torque increase. Make sure they are maxed out. Disable torque request rate limit. This was some code that GM had tucked away to keep you from gouging the drive line. Our friends at HP Tuners were kind enough to add it.
    Last edited by Mbrowning; 01-19-2020 at 07:22 PM.

I do it just won?t upload into the forum for some reason, I might have to trim it down..

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbrowning View Post
    Screenshot (1).png

If you open your file in the beta version, you will see immediate and predicted torque increase. Make sure they are maxed out. Disable torque request rate limit. This was some code that GM had tucked away to keep you from gouging the drive line. Our friends at HP Tuners were kind enough to add it.
    I did this yesterday and it for sure has a impact on the response of the vehicle. I however didn't disable the torque request rate limit as it says its on while stationary in gear. Have you noticed a difference with it enabled vs disable? If so what have you noticed?

Tuner
    Looking at those tables now (again). Made some change to 0.60 on thru 1.24., but only up to 2,800rpm. See attached screenshots. Now.... it "bucks" when I attempt that same scenario. It's almost as it if tries to go, falls flat, and goes hard again. Gonna think about this a bit more...

My my side I don't see that you are logging torque management advance/cylinder grams, plus a ton of other torque pids that need to be logged. In the thumbnail above I assume that is your table that you haven't touched yet. You said you made changes to that table from 0.60-1.24 up to 2800 rpm. what timing did you add in those columns? Did you copy the high octane table?

Post up the thumbnail of the table as you have adjusted it. Also post up a log with torque management advanced logged as well as cylinder airmass. If you have already been logging this, then sorry but I don't see it on my end. Also you have a huge dip in throttle once it opens then starts to open again and it seems to be on every wot run. You need to also log predicted engine source and immediate engine source to see whast telling the throttle to close. Although the throttle issue could be corrected if you max out tables 9515 and 9516 under driver demand. I believe it says predicted normal and predicted tap.
    Last edited by FastV; 01-20-2020 at 05:18 PM.

Tuner
    My my side I don't see that you are logging torque management advance/cylinder grams, plus a ton of other torque pids that need to be logged. In the thumbnail above I assume that is your table that you haven't touched yet. You said you made changes to that table from 0.60-1.24 up to 2800 rpm. what timing did you add in those columns? Did you copy the high octane table?
    Torque Mgmt Advance was in the last log file, from Sunday, Jan 19th. The attachments in that post include what you're asking, seen on my end. I did find that you have to set up VCM scanner to see the desired parameters. They don't always pop up on another computer/laptop. I know this because I log with one laptop, and review on a different unit. Had to set up both units to see the logged parameters.

Also you have a huge dip in throttle once it opens then starts to open again and it seems to be on every wot run. You need to also log predicted engine source and immediate engine source to see whast telling the throttle to close. Although the throttle issue could be corrected if you max out tables 9515 and 9516 under driver demand. I believe it says predicted normal and predicted tap.
    I noticed the throttle dip, after I posted previously. Will have to set up Scanner to log throttle parameters you mentioned, just to see what's up. Bear with me... haven't used HPT in a while, and these Gen 5 powertrains are new to me. There's much more to contend with than my old Gen 3 LM7. I'll look at those Driver Demand tables. The last "stable" release that I have installed is v4.4.x. Just installed the Beta version (v.4.5.x). Will see...

Tuner
    Torque Mgmt Advance was in the last log file, from Sunday, Jan 19th. The attachments in that post include what you're asking, seen on my end. I did find that you have to set up VCM scanner to see the desired parameters. They don't always pop up on another computer/laptop. I know this because I log with one laptop, and review on a different unit. Had to set up both units to see the logged parameters.

I noticed the throttle dip, after I posted previously. Will have to set up Scanner to log throttle parameters you mentioned, just to see what's up. Bear with me... haven't used HPT in a while, and these Gen 5 powertrains are new to me. There's much more to contend with than my old Gen 3 LM7. I'll look at those Driver Demand tables. The last "stable" release that I have installed is v4.4.x. Just installed the Beta version (v.4.5.x). Will see...
    yeah I don't see it on my end. At that time stamp how much timing did tq mgt pull? I'm also running the new beta version in the scanner and editor, maybe that's why I can't see the same log as you?

Tuner
    I did this yesterday and it for sure has a impact on the response of the vehicle. I however didn't disable the torque request rate limit as it says its on while stationary in gear. Have you noticed a difference with it enabled vs disable? If so what have you noticed?
    I haven't logged to know for sure. Actually, it's most likely redundant to disable rate limits if you max the tables out. If I remember, at first there was not a disable option. I think it was added to the the latest beta. Possibly even the known stable version. I haven't checked because I like messing with the beta stuff. It has a direct effect on how extreme the vehicle reacts to your commands. I even noticed my DFCO pulling a little harder when i'm coming to a stop. (Instead of somewhat coasting) In a 4wd it's really noticeable when in low range. I like the snappy throttle from a roll, makes it more like a DBC.

Tuner
    At that time stamp how much timing did tq mgt pull? I'm also running the new beta version in the scanner and editor, maybe that's why I can't see the same log as you?
    Sorry for the delayed response. Work/Life balance has been insane, plus weather not permitting much in South La. At that timestamp, 23.4 degrees of tqmt commanded, but 5 degrees actual. I just downloaded & installed the Beta version. Will try to get out soon.

Tuner
    Sorry for the delayed response. Work/Life balance has been insane, plus weather not permitting much in South La. At that timestamp, 23.4 degrees of tqmt commanded, but 5 degrees actual. I just downloaded & installed the Beta version. Will try to get out soon.

Cool let us know!!!

Tuner
    Cool let us know!!!
    Adjusted the shift points for the 1-2, and 2-1. Haven't noticed much of any issue since February, but I decided to make a change again today, along with slight adjustment on shift times (closer to original, stock settings in a few cells on the upper RPM band). I started noticing a lag in the 1-2 shift (at moderate to WOT), almost as if it wouldn't engage unless letting off the throttle. Seemed very similar to the good ole 3-4 clutch packs being worn in the 4L6xE trans. The dealer reflash I had them load extended the shift times in the high torque & rpm range. Will see what the results are sometime tomorrow.