Thread: Issues with my Truck 2010 5.4 F150

Tuner in Training

Issues with my Truck 2010 5.4 F150

All right so let me get started. I have Data using Vcm Scanner. Also when i drive i have negative timing.

Truck has-
    Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger Package (Comes with injectors)
    Long Tube Headers
    Methanol Injection- (But have not been spraying anything)
    Exhaust System with X Pipe
    Cold Air Intake

Without A/C

When i Start my truck up it will misfire a bunch of times trying to find where it needs to idle.

When the motor is cold and i give it throttle it will almost have a lag time before it moves, feels like no power. Like a lag time.

When i start my truck it will idle at 2000 Rpm and will stay there and then will drop back to idle which is 1000 Rpm currently (Normal is 500-600)

When in gear such as drive and i come to a stop light it will idle steady at 1000 Rpm (Normal 500-600)

Problems with A/C on is below.

When i turn on my A/c while driving i don't have any problems except when i come to a complete stop it will start idle jumping and variate between 100-300 rpm on the jumps.

When i come to a complete stop and put the truck in (Park) it will raise in idle from 600 RPM to 1500 RPM steadily and then it will drop down to 500 instantly it will almost stall itself out and will keep doing this until the moment that i turn off my vehicle.

Took my Truck to a Tuner hoping he could figure it out. He said
    The A/F ratio in the computer is correct and it is spraying the correct amount in the motor but somewhere down the line something is reading the motor as lean and it sends it back to the computer. Computer freaks out and ends up throwing a bunch of fuel at it to compensate.

He put a Sensor in my exhaust to check if the 02 sensor where bad and he said they are fine.

Also Vacuum leak tested my intake and it is sealed.

Codes i am getting
    P2096 Catalyst Fuel trim System Too Lean Bank 1
    P2098 Catalyst Fuel trim System Too Lean Bank 2
    P0507 Idle Control System Rpm Higher Than Expected
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Post the tune. We don't know the values or tables that have been changed.

Advanced Tuner
    its obvious you don't have idle air dialed in.

If I had to guess you have an aftermarket or non-stock throttle body and it wasn't dialed in properly.

Easiest option is to reduce the isc multiplier table to get the Rs down on fire off and closer to desired base idle.

The faulty lean reading on the o2s causing it to dump fuel is due to your X-pipe. Your tuner didn't set up your tune correctly for it. Details - http://forum.efidynotuning.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=364
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Tuner in Training
    I do have a X- Pipe which is in my muffler.

I also pulled all of the my 02 and post cat were covered black. Which i am assuming is because it was the rich condition.

Also i did install an aftermarket throttle body which i took of and on multiple times because the sides were shaved so much that it would cause a bevel in the O-ring. Took off the aftermarket one and put the stock one on (Stock one is on currently)

I didnt have these problems until i started messing with the throttle body. And when i got the new Second tune from Edelbrock before i had the tune that came with it and it worked fine. ( Had the tune on my truck, tried to move it over to my computer. It disappeared, contacted Edelbrock and the sent me the 'same tune''.

Here is the tune currently on the vehicle.

The file needs to be changed to (RXGE6E3_X406271852862.cef ) Had to change it to .hpl was the only way i could get it to upload.

Hopefully it works.

Advanced Tuner
    We need .HPT file.
    .CEF is an encrypted file for SCT tunes.

The Throttle Body model would need adjusting too. There are a lot of different tables or parameters it could be.

Tuner in Training
    Here it is. Tune that is currently on my vehicle.

Advanced Tuner

Tuner in Training
    This is the correct one. Straight from my truck.

Advanced Tuner
    Here are some changes that will get you going in the right direction. Make the changes, record a log and post both the datalog and the tune recorded in the log.

The Edelbrock kit is supposed to come with 41 lb injectors. Where did you get your injector data from because this must be correct and the manufacturer usually has the data available.

You need to change your Idle > RPM tab. You have your tables set high which will keep your RPMs up.

idle-tables.PNG

Your dashpot tables are completely zeroed out. This will cause the throttle to hang and not allow the truck to decelerate correct.

dashpot.PNG

In Airflow > General tab, change Barometric Pressure Learning Min to 20inHG.
    Copy Load With Failed MAF (IMRC Open) into Load With Failed MAF.
    Disble MAF Adaption.
    Set Cylair Idle Filter to .5 and Cylair Max Multiplier to 1.9

In Speed Density, change Calc MAP Max to 64inHG.
    Max Aircharge Load 1.6

In Fuel > Open Loop / Base, change OL Delay Max to .1

Spark Advance > Borderline
    Left Column > Fuel > Lambda, zero this table out.

Change Spark Idle In Gear and the Parked table to
    ? Idle Spark
    0 26
    40 24
    170 18
    240 18
    254 18
    ?F

and set Spark Idle Min to 5*

CHange Indicated Torque and Torque Inverse back to stock for now. It's calculated inccorect.

In Torque Management. Disable Torque Intervention, set Torque Max vs RPM to 800 ft lbs

Change Driver Demand to something similar to

driverdemand.PNG

Do you still have VCT Fully Functional? Changes will need to be made in the VCT Tab if so.
    Do you still have rear O2 sensors?
    Is this an Edelbrock tune?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    Here are some changes that will get you going in the right direction. Make the changes, record a log and post both the datalog and the tune recorded in the log.

The Edelbrock kit is supposed to come with 41 lb injectors. Where did you get your injector data from because this must be correct and the manufacturer usually has the data available.

You need to change your Idle > RPM tab. You have your tables set high which will keep your RPMs up.

idle-tables.PNG

Your dashpot tables are completely zeroed out. This will cause the throttle to hang and not allow the truck to decelerate correct.

dashpot.PNG

Disble MAF Adaption.

Max Aircharge Load 1.6

? Idle Spark
    0 26
    40 24
    170 18
    240 18
    254 18
    ?F

CHange Indicated Torque and Torque Inverse back to stock for now. It's calculated inccorect.

In Torque Management. Disable Torque Intervention, set Torque Max vs RPM to 800 ft lbs

driverdemand.PNG

Do you still have VCT Fully Functional? Changes will need to be made in the VCT Tab if so.

Yes they are 41 LB injectors

And Dashpot tables being zero'd out how do i fix that? I see all the tables are zero'd out how do i fix that?

Yes, i can make changes to cam timing.

Yes, i have four 02 sensors two right off the header and two post cat (Dont have cat's though)

Yes, this is a tune directly from Edelbrock

I will do what you have said and i will keep you posted.

Tuner in Training
    Did everything you said - Something i noticed my tables for my dashpots are different values than your's Such as the RPM Values
    Everything is Exact even the Driver demand plot

These are the same values as yours.
    Idle Pre postion
    Dashpot Decay

The other 3 The Rpm Values are different.

When I Open the Speed Density tab the only thing i have is Dynamic Airflow (Manifold Volume) Thats all i have can do "In Speed Density, change Calc MAP Max to 64inHG.
    Max Aircharge Load 1.6"

I cannot find the stock values for indicated torque and Inverse Torque.

I don't understand how to set Torque Max vs Rpm to 800 Ft Lb because for me it is a table.

Sorry about the writing in the photos Couldnt type.

This is the tune im about to put on my truck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    Here is the Data from the drive.

After a while from idle it will start stalling.

After i drove it and came to a stop it started trying to lurch forward with the rpm variation.

These problems could be because of my values not being the same as yours (such as the ones i posted above) And with me not being able to do everything that you listed.

The new data is below.

Tuner in Training
    Update: i did everything you said just had to turn it to advanced.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post

idle-tables.PNG

dashpot.PNG

Disble MAF Adaption.

Max Aircharge Load 1.6

? Idle Spark
    0 26
    40 24
    170 18
    240 18
    254 18
    ?F

driverdemand.PNG

Don't all the 2010's have dashpot set at 0?