Thread: LS2 Not Going Into Power Enrichment (PE) Mode

LS2 Not Going Into Power Enrichment (PE) Mode

My friend has a supercharged LS2 I just swapped into his 1972 Camaro. It came out of his 2006 GTO, which had been professionally tuned, so we yanked that PCM from the GTO and used it for the swap.

After the install, we drove around and I logged it to make sure everything was OK. Whenever he would slightly get on it though, it would pop/backfire.. and it turns out it was not going into PE mode, so was going lean in boost..very scary.. commanded lambda would always stay at 1.00

I didn't mess with the tune, but I have attached it, wondering if anyone can see what's the deal. It never did this while it was in the GTO. ***One thing to note- which might be major - is that in the GTO there was a methanol kit installed. In the 1972 Camaro, there is no meth kit. I just don't get why it's not going into PE mode. I don't believe a tuning shop would disable PE mode somehow just because methanol is being sprayed.

MAP is set to 75kpa, which on the scanner he was at 80kpa and still never left a commanded 1.00 lambda

Log and screen shot below. Tune and screen shot below

Thanks!

PE Table.jpg

PE scanned.jpg

Cory_LS2_Camaro_Rev1.hpt

No PE.hpl

Goto the Power Enrich section. Set Throttle / Hot TO ALL 5's. It's set to 48% down low (which is actually MORE than 48% pedal; it' s enough that you make the MAP value BEFORE the pedal value, and it holds back PE there at lighter throttle). Set the MAP ENABLE value to like 87-89 kPa. You will be good.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com