Thread: Any chance of supporting a standard arbitrary PID for arduino wideband?

Tuner

Any chance of supporting a standard arbitrary PID for arduino wideband?

So for those of us who build things, would it he possible to add support for a single pid that can take a serial signal? Like I build an arduino that either interfaces directly with my wideband o2 and transform it or use the arduino to simply send the serial signal over the canbus with the hardware address of the one you guys choose and tell us to use? That way it just looks like another controller talking on the bus? I would be very much willing to help in the hardware side of development. I have all of the hardware to at take the serial out from my aem and send it to my arduino with a canbus shield. I am a very experienced engineer and can totally help, and I was talking with some cats the other day and they were digging the idea.

What say you you? I'll do the labour intensive work (hardware dev, proof of concept, alpha/beta testing, and documentation) if you just provide an endpoint for me to send a serial signal.
    Last edited by RoninDusette; 01-08-2020 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Gramerz

MPVI 2 + Pro Feature Set w/Pro Link can support 3rd party inputs via CAN.

Currently, we support a few predefined sensors. In the near future though, you'll be able to define your own sensor.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post

Currently, we support a few predefined sensors. In the near future though, you'll be able to define your own sensor.
    I like where this is going!
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post

Yeah, but the pro version just for something simple like that is FAR too expensive. That would put me near like, 700 bucks just for tuning my car alone. And how far away is the "near future"? I see that a lot but never much followup. Also, any updates for the e78 on the Cruze? Like, custom OS options or anything new and/or sexy?