Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAG1 TCC Commanded Slip never at 0

NAG1 TCC Commanded Slip never at 0

Ive got a 2011 Dodge Challenger with a circle D street series converter in it that I can not get to stop slipping the converter.

All TCC slip tables have been set to zero, maxed out, and everywhere in between in testing but when the converter is commanded to be locked it still tries to get 15 or more rpm of converter slip. If you give it any load it has larger swings in slip since the clutches are not really designed for any slip.

Tcc pattern tables must be zeroed to.

Quote Originally Posted by arbracam26 View Post
    Tcc pattern tables must be zeroed to.
    Everything is zeroed out. What are the table numbers for the tcc pattern tables?

Clipboard01.jpg

Ok, I zeroed the tables you show to. In apply/release tab on your picture, you have tcc tables to, they also must zeroed. If they are all set to zero, you can?t do anything, there will be always a slight slip.

I talk about those tables
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those control when the converter clutch is applied not how much it slips.

if you don?t zeroed those tables to, the tcc always slip. And this table defines up to which rpm tcc slip can go.
    In my tune , if don?t set to zero tables I?m talking about, it doesn?t work.
    If you do a WOT at low end range, it will slip a little, then tcc will be fully blocked. Tomorow, when I will go to work, I will make a log to show you what I mean.

I don?t know if you understand what I mean, my english is so bad..

Quote Originally Posted by arbracam26 View Post
    if you don?t zeroed those tables to, the tcc always slip. And this table defines up to which rpm tcc slip can go.
    In my tune , if don?t set to zero tables I?m talking about, it doesn?t work.
    If you do a WOT at low end range, it will slip a little, then tcc will be fully blocked. Tomorow, when I will go to work, I will make a log to show you what I mean.

I don?t know if you understand what I mean, my english is so bad..
    I understand what you are saying but if i do that wont the converter lock as soon as it goes into that gear?

Perhaps I don?t understand what you wan?t ... lol
    You want that tcc fully locked at every rpm range? I?m right?

I am trying to get it to not command any converter slip when it is locked. It still commands 15-50rpm of slip with slip tables zeroed out and converter locked

I log my car today and have the same issue than you…. Always 15/50 rpm of slip and 20 rpm at WOT. I have a stock torque converter.
    But zeroed tables I am talking about help to reduce converter slip. It worked on my car.

good thread guys .. in my case i got 4000rpm stall tc i did play with apply and release tables to have better lock between gears but i didn't zero the tcc tables is that mean am not using the full use of my tcc ?? and if so what the best tables numbers to pot on apply / release tables ? i want better lunch from zero and a gear shift gap 900rpm or less ..

thanks
    Last edited by GeForce1986; 01-21-2020 at 07:17 AM.

in my case, I wanted gears to be locked immediately, almost without slipping. But I have a stock torque converter. With tcc patterns comfort, normal, sport and tcc apply and release zeroed, gearbox is more responsive. I just left 20 rpm slip in tcc patterns comfort, normal and sport when coasting so as not to have unpleasant dead ends. I left tcc apply and realease stock in 1st shift and at the begining of 2nd shift for the same reason

here is my tcm tune, take a look. I have a 5.7HEMI 300c with some mods
    Attached Files Attached Files

I can't open it. What version HPT are you using?
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ

The latest beta

I see. I am the latest version but cannot see it. OK
    I am reading this thread because I am trying to cure a Nagging and common problem these trans have with DTC PO741 (TCC solenoid circuit performance / Stuck off).
    This can happen when the slip is more RPM than the allowed 225RPM and usually on long steep upgrades kind of lugging or just at the point of kicking down.

Do any of these setting you guys are working with affect desired slip at cruise in top gear?

The trans has been checked out for it and is fine mechanically and electrically. Its a 5.7L with 2.65 gears.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler

The tcm tune is stock?

Yes. Lots of stock owners will get this code with no other symptoms. Dealerships have a field day with it.
    Its just the tolerance is too close. For me, and reported by others as well, its 2 maybe three times a year and always on long upgrades at cruise. And I cannot make it do it.

I will post screenshots with parameters to try tonight.