Thread: Scanner too slow

Scanner too slow

I'm trying to datalog my 01 Jeep XJ and the scanner seems way too slow. Maybe this ECU is just that slow but figured I'd ask to see if anyone is having the same issues. I can log my car with an e38 no problem so it's not the hardware. I'm using the beta btw.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    you really can't compare an E38 can ecm to a jtec, really it depends on what your idea of slow is. If you truly think there is an issue we would suggest opening a support ticket.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I know it's not going to be anywhere near as fast as an e38. I can literally only have 3 maybe 4 channels before the data gets all jittery. Also it's a pain to get the scanner to actually start recording a log, it connects just fine but then the record button does nothing at all. I have to play with a combination of restarting the scanner/unplugging the MPVI2 from the car and or the laptop, cycle the ign. and sometimes just doesn't work.

Probably just going to wait for an update or something til I try again.

Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I would highly recommend you open a support ticket in that case. Remember these applications are only in beta meaning you test things and report them to us via the proper channels, then we work to fix them. If issues aren't properly reported they don't get fixed.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Ok will do. Thanks for the help. I'm just glad I can now tinker with the Ol' HEEP.

Tuner in Training
    Sounds similar to what I'm experiencing with my '97 XJ 4.0L JTEC.

Tuner in Training
    I had good luck putting in a support ticket. I noticed a nice improvement in JTEC logging speed in the latest BETA! : )