Thread: Help with exhaust brake tuning on a 2011 6.7 F550

Tuner in Training

Help with exhaust brake tuning on a 2011 6.7 F550

Need heip with tuning the turbo for exhaust brake

Tuner
    What do you want to know the lower the # in negative -37 the stronger the brake. -47 is more

Tuner in Training
    Hi Jeffrey i was told the turbo on a 550 is different than a pickup what table do i go into Thanks

Tuner
    It?s under (Torque Managment) (Driver Demand)(TurboCharger) (exhaust brake)

Tuner in Training
    Ok i will try and adjust it this week Thanks Again for your help

Tuner in Training
    Well got a chance to check it out today looking like my table is marked all -74 across the board in every box what rpm should i mess with ?

Quote Originally Posted by wonk1970 View Post
    Well got a chance to check it out today looking like my table is marked all -74 across the board in every box what rpm should i mess with ?
    go from -74 to -150 across the whole table then go to -250 at the higher RPM and smooth it down to the -150 at the lower RPM. The bigger the negative number the more engine braking effect up until the turbo vane is closed all the way at which you won't notice any more of a braking effect. Play with it and see what you like. Exhaust brake.PNG
    Last edited by JaegerWrenching; 01-17-2020 at 11:57 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you very much i will play around, see what it can do. Thanks again now to get the trany unlocked i have to send a file to hp to open it for me

Tuner
    Wow what a difference I was under doing it by using stock configuration Jagerwrenching is the man

Tuner in Training
    Jagerwrenching i was told that my turbo on my 2011 6.7 F550 is different. Ford put another style of turbo on the 450 / 550 will this still work it does not have vanes its wastegate style i believe

Jagerwrenching i was told that my turbo on my 2011 6.7 F550 is different. Ford put another style of turbo on the 450 / 550 will this still work it does not have vanes its wastegate style i believe
    If it has an engine brake button or a way to turn it on or off in the cab then yes it should work. A waste gate and turbo vanes operate on the same principle, they both control boost so it should work just fine.

Tuner in Training
    It does not work to good on a waste gate turbo did not feel any hold back even using the tow hall button . i do not have a button to push for exhaust brake

It does not work to good on a waste gate turbo did not feel any hold back even using the tow hall button . i do not have a button to push for exhaust brake
    That's the unfortunate part of a waste gated turbo vs a actual exhaust brake or VGT turbo. Its also why you don't have an exhaust brake button, at least now It will brake as well as it can but it will not come close to the braking power of a VGT.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you very much for the help