Thread: 6L80 tune advise

Tuner in Training

6L80 tune advise

Hey guys,
    Pretty new to HP Tuners, have been playing with the tune on my daily 2015 Silverado, 5.3/6L80. Biggest thing I wanted to work on was the trans as that is my biggest complaint with this thing. I have attached my current tune. So far I am 1000% happier with the way the truck drives, and gas mileage hasn't really suffered after I stopped romping on it. Obviously there is a lot more experience here, so I just wanted to see if anyone could take a look and make sure I don't have anything bumped up too far as far as shift pressures, settings, or just any advise on fine tuning that could make it even better. I used the BC trans calculator for the shift points and TCC lock up points, which seem to work pretty nice so far. Thanks for any help!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    New to tuning, but not to cars. Just here to learn!

If it shifts fine and isn't banging gears or jolting you around, it should be alright.

I tend to keep shift times around .3000 and work my shift pressures and on-coming pressure presets to get my desired outcome. It's a good medium so that I get nice crisp part throttle shifts and no slamming of gears at full throttle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply. I am still tweaking, just want to make sure where the "line" is as far as line pressure, shift pressures, etc. I like where it is right now as far as the shifts.
    New to tuning, but not to cars. Just here to learn!