Thread: 6.2 LS Map Issue

Potential Tuner

6.2 LS Map Issue

I'm a bit confused I have a 2007 Jeep wrangler JKU with a 2008 Cadillac Escalade 6.2 L92 the map sensor reads 18.4psi and 102Kpa I was under the impression the vacuum is supposed to fluctuate under load. For some reason mine does throughout the whole range it stays the same I changed it out and nothing changed is this normal?

The KPA reading in the scanner should move up and down with the throttle opening and so on.

If it's stuck, then you may want to remove the channel and repoll for supported parameters with the VCM scanner and add the channel back in.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    So after I did that it does the same thing with it running I unplugged the map it dropped to 0 and when I plugged it back in it went back to 18.4psi and 102 kpa

What's the part number on the MAP you have?

Can you post the tune file and a log file of the problem?

Is the vehicle running poorly? I'd assume it wouldn't run well at all if the MAP was stuck at 102kpa.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    AS394 I'll have to go and when I get home from work I'll upload the file

Potential Tuner
    These are the data logs the engine cut off on me 3 times during the testdrive along with error code reading map sensor low
    Attached Files Attached Files

If it not an OEM map sensor, I would get one. I don't like aftermarket MAP sensors.

The GM Part Number should be # 2134434 or # 213796. Those are what I found for AC Delco parts.

If you still have issues with a OEM sensor then you have a wiring issue to track down. The log also shows a wiring issue or sensor issue with the bank 1 o2 sensor.