Thread: Can I just write entire a P01 segment swap and 3 bar OS?

Can I just write entire a P01 segment swap and 3 bar OS?

Hi, currently I a 99 camaro 3 bar t56 and going into 4L80e

Is it possible to take a 2002 camaro file from the repository, segment swap a 4L80e trans +diag from a truck, then with that new file, apply a 3 bar os and with that newest file just do ONE write entire? Or do I have to do a write entire for each step?

And for another 99 camaro 3 bar t56 that is going 4L60e, the same question, shall I do all those changes a do just 1 write entire?
    Get the original camaro 99 file, segment swap a auto segment from another 99, with that new file apply a 3 bar OS and with that new file do a write entire? or shall I write entire each step?

Also removing VATS, when should I do that?

Both are OS 9373372 modded into a 1263008
    Guatemala based, the land of the eternal spring (volcanoes, cool weather, Mayan culture, ultra bad prepped strips).
    - Corvette C3 L82 M4 SBC
    - Camaro 1999 LS1 sloppy like build (sloppy stage 2 cam, pac racing valvesprings, t56 to 4L80e, Walbro 450lph with return AEM. VSracing 78mm... )

It's going to cost you a lot of credits if you get a file from the tune repository because you have to pay for the one license and then you are creating a new VIN/OS pair and it likely will want more credits for that new file you just made.

You also risk bricking the computer doing what you plan because something may not work together.

If you have the stock files, just flash back to those and then do your changes.

Or flash the computers back to stock with a GM tool and only spend 2 credits per computer to keep things simple.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It's going to cost you a lot of credits if you get a file from the tune repository because you have to pay for the one license and then you are creating a new VIN/OS pair and it likely will want more credits for that new file you just made.

You also risk bricking the computer doing what you plan because something may not work together.

If you have the stock files, just flash back to those and then do your changes.

Or flash the computers back to stock with a GM tool and only spend 2 credits per computer to keep things simple.
    Yes I have stock original files.
    If doing this route. Shall I write the original file, do a segment swap, write entire again and then do the 3 bar OS and write entire again (do I have to do a read entire in any of this steps)? Or shall I just take the original file, segment swap and with the new output file generate a 3 bar os and until then write entire?

I would write entire back to stock. Then read that file, so it's your new base. Apply the segment swap and write that. Then do the OS upgrade and write that. All changes past that can be write calibration only. I know it's a lot of write entires but sometimes the less you do on one single write, the less that could possible go wrong.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Ok here are the results

Fried 1 pcm, I dont know why, that was before the post.

Now the successful steps, using a fully charged battery (no more ac adaptors) and bench harness and laptop just on battery:
    - write entire original read (from 3 bar to stock)
    - with that original read entire, applied a 99 6.0 4L80e segment
    - saved the new file
    - write entire the new file
    - cycled 2 times the pcm
    - with the segment swap file, I applied 3 bar OS and then saved it in another file
    - write entire the new file
    - cycled 2 times the pcm
    - made changes to flattened tables, put in my injector data and other ton of stuff
    - saved it as a new file
    - write calibration

I haven't tried the pcm, but at least I know it is responding and definitely it will start the car. No bricked PCM

And for what I see, the 99 file of the this post named 1999 sierra is working for segment swaps https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...80-O-S-9373372 with a 9373372 OS. I remember when all over the interenet there were no 9373372 4L80e files.
    Guatemala based, the land of the eternal spring (volcanoes, cool weather, Mayan culture, ultra bad prepped strips).
    - Corvette C3 L82 M4 SBC
    - Camaro 1999 LS1 sloppy like build (sloppy stage 2 cam, pac racing valvesprings, t56 to 4L80e, Walbro 450lph with return AEM. VSracing 78mm... )