Thread: LT4, T56 manual transmission - Engine doesn't decelerate between shifts

Tuner in Training

LT4, T56 manual transmission - Engine doesn't decelerate between shifts

I have a Chevy Performance LT4 crate engine with a T56 manual transmission (Camaro 1967) and - according to GM instruction sheet - is suppose that the ECU briefly cut fuel when you depress the clutch. I wired (as indicated) a top of clutch switch. The issue is that the RPMs doesn't slow enougth between shifts and is impossible to shift normally. Is there any parameter that I could tune to change the time that the ECU disable fuel when it receives the "top of the clutch switch" signal? Or even better, could I disable this preventive control, I mean that ECU doesn't interfiere and it lets the engine revs down normally between changes or when acelerate and decelerate?

I disable Clutch Fuel Cutoff on my tunes, maybe you should look at airflow instead, like is the throttle closing properly when you release the pedal.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for your quick answer. The car will be at the painting shop for a couple of days. I will check de Clutch Fuel Cutoff parameter and take a look the airflow too, and then come back with the results. Just to know, did you experience this behavior in LT4+T56 combos? This is the second job where we're using the L4 engine+T56 and both are experiencing the same problem.