Thread: 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZF8 tuning

Potential Tuner

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZF8 tuning

Hello,

I am looking for some input on some small tweaks I'd like to do to ZF8 transmission in this 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee (w/5.7L engine). I am not really looking to change any shift points, but rather just smooth its drivability by unlocking the torque converter (disable the TCC) in gears 1 through 6. The stock programming seems to already the TCC on gears 1-3 unlocked, so I would be adding 4-6, leaving 7-8 locked as per normal. I would expect transmission fluid temperatures to rise a little bit, but my main concern is whether or not any MILs or DTCs might be thrown if the TCC is disabled on some gears. I am also open to other suggestions to smooth this transmission a little bit more than factory. I am not looking to do any race tuning, but more of a smoother day-to-day tune and nothing more.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Sun View Post
    Hello,

I am looking for some input on some small tweaks I'd like to do to ZF8 transmission in this 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee (w/5.7L engine). I am not really looking to change any shift points, but rather just smooth its drivability by unlocking the torque converter (disable the TCC) in gears 1 through 6. The stock programming seems to already the TCC on gears 1-3 unlocked, so I would be adding 4-6, leaving 7-8 locked as per normal. I would expect transmission fluid temperatures to rise a little bit, but my main concern is whether or not any MILs or DTCs might be thrown if the TCC is disabled on some gears. I am also open to other suggestions to smooth this transmission a little bit more than factory. I am not looking to do any race tuning, but more of a smoother day-to-day tune and nothing more.

Thanks!
    First please post your tune so we can see what's going on, second i'm curious as to why you want to unlock the converter on those gears?