Thread: Quick question about fueling problem...

Advanced Tuner

Quick question about fueling problem...

It?s a 2007 Silverado pro charge boost cam, right now I have the 36 lb injectors from GM just to check if I can fix the fuel problem. Truck on SD mode as I turn it on my air fuel gauge starts at 14?s then goes high and truck shuts off, I can just see 16 of airfuel and truck does. Turn it back on and same thing turns on around 14?s of airfuel, if I just slam the gas pedal as soon the gas pedal it?s 50 percent the truck dies it likes chokes.

What can be the cause of not letting me adjust the fuel??
    On speed density I can drop a good amount of fuel and it won?t work it will show the same airfuel. I have to turn on the fuel trims back so it can drop, but the percentage on my VE table it?s to high not normal and do the same thing when I slam the gas pedal the truck dies.

I don?t have with me my lap top to post the file or a log in at work right now. Just can?t figure out seen if someone have run to this problem. I?m thinking a leak but I don?t know I?m confuse here.

Advanced Tuner
    Have you checked fuel pressure?
    If it were me, i would start there since its easy and quick to do.
    Just worked on a old 60s model suburban with a LS swap and initial tune did something similar with a stock VE Table +15% fuel.
    Checked fuel pressure and found out we had a fuel starvation issue. Fixed that and then went on to tune it no problems

When did it start doing this?

Id post a log and tune of it before going too much further for more help.

Advanced Tuner
    ^^ Yes forgot your mention we did check the fuel pressure and it’s good, 60 psi.
    Later I’ll do a log and post it with the file.

Advanced Tuner
    So the engine was running good before the mods?
    Then after all the mods and tune its doing this? I see you mentioned you putting 36# injectors in until you can fix the fueling issue?

Sounds like you should start over fresh from your original factory tune after rereading your post?