Thread: 2001 silverado 2500hd 6.0 i need good tuning for my truck

Potential Tuner

2001 silverado 2500hd 6.0 i need good tuning for my truck

need help with file for my truck my friend did one but i don't see no difference 4l80e with transgo shift kit and hd convertor just want more power and response anything that will make my truck more power for maybe future parts

You post no tune, you get no help.

I'll be straight with you here, there isn't just magic power that can be gained on a stock truck. You are still at the mercy of the stock parts that aren't made to extract every ounce of power available. The 6.0 is a slug in stock form in a 6,500-7,000lb truck, it's made to make a relatively flat torque curve and pull trailers all day everyday anywhere you wish to go.

A few things can be done to make it "react" better but don't expect 40hp or something just from a tune. You really need an aftermarket camshaft and exhaust work to make that 6.0 run strong.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

2500 6.0L Tune

Can try this tune from a 2000 Chevy 2500 6.0L 4L80E 4x4 stock block, cam and heads. Might be a better place to start if your current tune is not working well.

Potential Tuner
    Knk air intake kit and no catalyst converto to back with flow master I just bought the truck im just trying to play a little

Tuner
    Post the tune so we may help you adjust certain parameters. Do you have a wideband?

Potential Tuner
    Reduce or eliminate most of the torque management. Set power enrichment to come on sooner rather than the stock 5500 rpm for like 30 seconds to engage PE lol

Potential Tuner
    this is the tunner my friend put on my truck
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by saleens5 View Post
    this is the tunner my friend put on my truck
    Do what HPFan suggested. I looked over the tune and it is a stock tune.

-Ed