Thread: Quick question about tuning procedures/starting

Quick question about tuning procedures/starting

So I'm new to tuning and I've been doing quite a bit of searching but before I start messing with stuff I want to make sure I'm right.
    So for tuning I'd start with
    1. Fueling, ve table to get fuel trims dialed in
    2. Maf scaling for new ve table
    3. Power enrichment/wot fueling
    4. Timing advance and KR
    Am I correct? I know that it isn't this simple but I've been doing quite a bit of reading and have a decent understanding of how everything works. I know how to do them all and have the scanner pids and graphs bookmarked. I just want to check that I'm doing stuff in the right order. I have an mpvi2 pro and 06 4.8 silverado if it matters. And I also have a wideband so I'll be able to dial in fuel without any issues

Thanks for reading and I appreciate the help
    Last edited by boostedgmt800; 02-06-2020 at 11:21 AM.

I usually just dial in all those variables from first tune and just tweak it accordingly.. but in a step by step process I would dial in fuel then spark

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Ok, thanks for the help.

Tuner
    To lay it out simply yes. What modifications have been done to your Silverado?

Potential Tuner
    I am also new to tuning and came across a company called throttle-up industries, they have a efi tuning book that you can purchase for training purposes. I can't find any reviews on them, any ideas

every time I upload a file I try to hit everything all once. Just imagine how you think it could be starting/driving and compare that to how it currently drives.

Keep every new and old file saved in chronological order (hptuners should do this automatically) so you can always go back a step or several