Thread: Audi and HPT Scanners logging

Advanced Tuner

Audi and HPT Scanners logging

So I have the GM side of the scanner under control. Now I am needing to scan my wifes 16 Audi SQ5, obviously the GM config doesnt work on the Audi. Does anyone have a config file to use to scan the Audi's yet?

Tuner
    Do you have an MPVI2? I'm not sure about the older interfaces, but if you have that one you should not need a config file. You do need the appropriate number of credits, and probably the beta version of VCM suite.

Also I notice the SQ5 is not on HP's supported vehicles list. It probably would not be hard for them to add support as I think they support other Audis with the same engine as the SQ5. But you might want to contact them and ask before purchasing credits.

Edit: I just reread your original post and realized you said "scan" and not "tune". I think you can scan without credits(?), but again the vehicle needs to be supported so I'd suggest contacting HP support and asking.

Advanced Tuner
    The 14-17 SQ5 is the same vehicle as the Q5, the only changes was some additional fluid coolers and the SQ5 runs a hotter OEM tune.

I will get with support and ask them. You dont need to license anything to scan or data log using the scanners program, I know that much at least. I do have the MPVI2

Advanced Tuner
    Can you not just take the 10mins and build your own config off the available params?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerJDubbs View Post
    Can you not just take the 10mins and build your own config off the available params?

I already have a config file built from my GM stuff, when I connected to the most of the sensors grayed out. I re-polled for sensors and got some of them online. Was just wondering if someone had a config file that worked they wanted to share. I guess that isnt the norm from the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakyws6 View Post
    I already have a config file built from my GM stuff, when I connected to the most of the sensors grayed out. I re-polled for sensors and got some of them online. Was just wondering if someone had a config file that worked they wanted to share. I guess that isnt the norm from the community.
    I think the issue is that not many are tuning their own Audi's at the moment. Comfortably at least.