Thread: Can I copy Diablo tune file?

Potential Tuner

Can I copy Diablo tune file?

At the moment I have a Diablo Predator 2 Platnum installed. That is coming out and going to HP. My question is can I copy the Diablo tune file before I remove and go back to stock? It is a great starting point for what I need to do.

Thank you

Advanced Tuner
    You can always try. Ive seen some superchips tunes that were locked where you couldn't read them but then again some weren't. The only Diablo tune i tried to read off was locked also.
    After looking at several hand held tunes from hypertech, superchips and a bully dog, there is quite some room for improvement.

Potential Tuner
    Yes a lot of room to say the least. It will hit the rev limiter at right about 5800, the cam I installed is rated to 6500. Can not run the A/C if I am coming to a stop, it sometimes stalls. Unable to adjust the idle, etc... I want HP but its me tuning everything, even the transmission. I get on here and see a lot of people having problems. My other option is a Dyno tune, its more $$ but probably the best way to get the car dialed in. Problem is every time I decide to set the appt I put on the brakes since I still think I need to have it in hand.

Advanced Tuner
    Its not terrible. Quite a learning experience tho!
    Ive been tinkering with tuning for 14 or 15 years now with EFI Live and majority of the setups are trouble free. I got on here cause my buddy uses HPT and ive been helping him along the way but having to learn the software is my biggest issue coming from EFILive. The way the tables are oriented and such.

You don't hear many of the success stories, only the ones that have trouble.
    Good thing is there are several guys willing to help you through any issues you may have.

I get on forums every day i can and read. Learn what some of the issues are and how they were fixed.