Thread: logging capabillity

Potential Tuner

logging capabillity

I'm building a Cruze 1.4 turbo motor for an SCCA DM autocross car. For programing and data I'll have at least an MPVI2 and an AEM 30-0339 OBD II wideband air/fuel controller. I would also like to monitor additional temperatures and pressures to look at what happens across the intercooler and in other areas, such as back pressure and temperature in the exhaust manifold. I also need to look at turbo rpm.

The MPVI2 Pro is listed as only having 2 additional analog channels, but there is also the EIO Plug that seems to have 8 channels, plus data logging is mentioned.

1. Can MPVI2 Pro read 8 channels today with the plug?
    2. 8 plus 2?
    3, Can I look at the turbo speed sensor square wave frequency, convert that to rpm and log it?

4. If I don't go with the pro, do I have to have a laptop running in the car supported with the lid open?

I also see that AEM has some expansion modules that only seem to work with their proprietary dashes and a data logger. I'd like though to have the most integrated system I can. Since I'll be downloading programs using the MPVI2 and it has program support I'd prefer an HP Tuners solution if it's possible. I don't want to pay for more complexity than I need, or to duplicate some of the MPVI2 capabilities.

5. Can I get what I'm looking for through HP Tuners?
    6. Are there spec sheets someplace? I didn't see them.

Thanks,
    Peter Raymond

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Welcome to the forum, the pro link cable has 2 analog inputs and 1 can input, there are currently no other options. You would need to have a laptop in order to scan, pro version or not.

You can find more information on our products here https://www.hptuners.com/products/
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"