Thread: need help getting to idle

Potential Tuner

need help getting to idle

So im kinda new to tuning but i have done alot of research and i know im missing something and cant figure out what im missing. ive been working on this for a few days and cant get this thing running and idling. Its a 5.3 btr stage 1 twin turbo cam, decapped truck injectors right around 75lbs injectors, 100mm throttle body with typhoon intake, has a 3 bar map in intake, twin 66 turbos. it will hit and try to run but wont run and idle. I can mess with the throttle and get it to run some but just die out and sounds terrible. I have looked around and tried changing things based off what others have done and still cant figure it out. i am trying to run it in speed density. I know ive messed up somewhere and u guys can make fun of me but could use some help. base new after map fix joe.hpt i have inserted the tune i have in it i think. if it dont work i will try again

Which 3 bar MAP?

If that is the LS9/ZR1 MAP, are the pins correct at the sensor?

What's your wideband showing for fueling when it does run?

I ask because the VE looks a tad lean, could need more fuel.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    it is the zr1 and actually we had it wired wrong at first and actually got it fixxed and didnt change anything really. the wideband was jumping around to much because it was not running good. i was kinda wondering if the ve table was a little lean but i was reading and for same issue to just put a factory ve table in it and it should atleast run but it wont

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Which 3 bar MAP?

If that is the LS9/ZR1 MAP, are the pins correct at the sensor?

What's your wideband showing for fueling when it does run?

I ask because the VE looks a tad lean, could need more fuel.
    u were right on the ve table so i want to thank u. i did some more research and changed ve table up alot really and now it will idle and run. still has a little off idle stubble but i will work on that throught this week