Thread: 2016 3500 Duramax Allison Tuning

2016 3500 Duramax Allison Tuning

Working on TCM tuning and have no response to changes on the shift points, part throttle normal mode. TCC lock up changes as expected but not shift points. Anyone else tuning these successfully?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I was trying to make a TCM tune where normal shift mode was like Tow Haul but lower shift points. So I copied the TCC table from "performance" table to the "normal table" and got the expected results a very much more connected feel to make the increased mid to low torque in my engine tune connect to the rear wheels instead of flashing the torque converter. But as expected light throttle 3rd > 4th > 5th > 6th shift points need to be raised as with the TCC locked the engine pulls down to low. I adjusted the normal part throttle shift point tables with no results. First with small changes and then large ones. I really like how the truck drive this way minus the light throttle lugging down to 1000 RPM, so I would love to be able to adjust the shift points.

Advanced Tuner
    There was something with the older Allison TCM that had to have adaptive learning cleared so it could learn your driving? Its been awhile back but i remember with a 06 Dmax/Allison there were some setting you could change with shift points and it wasnt what you wanted.. You had to fudge numbers to get it to shift when you wanted? Ive been looking for the post but im not finding it.
    Might want to hit up DieselPlace forum.

Quote Originally Posted by RDF1 View Post
    There was something with the older Allison TCM that had to have adaptive learning cleared so it could learn your driving?
    I understand adaptive affecting shift timing tables (which don't seem to be supported at this time on this application). But I have never seen adaptive shift points as the tables are pretty direct TPS VS Speed. Are you saying the shift points won't change without clearing shift timing adaptives?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapo View Post
    I understand adaptive affecting shift timing tables (which don't seem to be supported at this time on this application). But I have never seen adaptive shift points as the tables are pretty direct TPS VS Speed. Are you saying the shift points won't change without clearing shift timing adaptives?
    I dont remember.. I was looking for the thread the other day.
    If i find it, ill post it for you. But they had similar issues. It wasnt doing what was commanded they had to fudge the numbers to get it to shift when they wanted to. Also TCC lockup he had to fudge the numbers to lock it up earlier but it wasnt the MPH in the tune.

Might need to buy EFI Live to tune this? Seems like a shame to pay again.

Tuner in Training
    lml 2016 working on shifts shift points.hpt see if this has any effect