Thread: Mustang v6 Spark retard Cut

Mustang v6 Spark retard Cut

Hello

I'm trying to tune the pops and cracks on a 2013 v6 mustang first i scanned and found the mapped point that corresponds to the area i want to pop and set that timing to -16
    now the car pops and crackles as intended but only goes to -10 and pops sound kinda muted so i want it to reach -16 as i did in a hemi and it sounded great

I scanned all the torque and spark sources and found that the spark source goes to torque control with torque source being Target N and Tipout max limit so i went through them in the torque management tables and almost turned everything off but that didn't help and the spark stays at -10 i attached a log and a pictures of the things i disabled in the torque spark cut tables which didn't help so i returned to stock

hope someone can help me figure out how to reach my commanded maximum retard thank you .
    [/ATTACH]back fire.hplreduction.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    You have a table specifically for decel in your spark advance tab titled "spark decel" located below tip in and tip out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    You have a table specifically for decel in your spark advance tab titled "spark decel" located below tip in and tip out.
    Thanks for replying , if you mean the tipout spark decel , i did change that table in the 3000-6000 range , it was 55 stock and it tried values from 25 to -30 but the same thing happens

Advanced Tuner
    When you changed those values, did it follow the values in the table?
    In the fuel > dfco tab, set vss enable to 55mph and vss disable to 54.
    Change fuel torque ratio for dfso from 1.0 to .2.
    The spark torque ratios also need changed for dfso. I don't have my laptop, i can't remember if i set the dfso spark ratio to 1.0 or .5.