Hi All,

I'm pulling the SBC400 24x motor out of the car, I'm just not comfortable with the constant oil leaks and vibration issues I'm having, so it's finally LS1 time.
The car is an 85 TransAM with 4L60E, 2.5" dual exhaust and '97 10 bolt lsd diff with 2.73 gears. Also I'm in Australia and the car is right hand drive.

With the 24x conversion and dash stuff most of the work is done anyway wiring wise, so its just a matter of notching the k member for the oil pan and ac, already have the ls1 mount adaptors, 4thgen sump and will try and find a set of shorty headers to cut and shut to fit.
The donor car I have has a stock 5.7L LS1 but with a brand new stage 2 built 4L60E with a 3400 stall.

I'm looking to just refresh the motor, and put a cam in to get me up around 400+hp for a semi-daily driver (mainly fridays to work and weekend cruise with a few 1/4 mile runs a year)
Looking around the V4 cam seems to be the best choice with the mods I have, with the exception of the rear end ratio.
I also just ordered a 102mm TB and mid rise intake to let it breathe a bit more.

I think the 3400 stall might soften the impact of the 2.73 rear end but I'm still trying to find out if I can get 3.46 gears for the rear end without having to change the carrier, but if I can't I'm wondering a few key questions:

1. Does anyone have a tune around this type of cam I can use for a base?
2. What LSA should i ask for to suit the 2.73 if possible, or the 3.46 if it's the only way to get the torque curve more level and low/mid range?
3. Any other suggestions for cam?