Thread: 2015-Up Locked PCM

Potential Tuner

2015-Up Locked PCM

If you buy a new PCM from Chrysler that hasnt been installed and Flashed can you tune it with hp WITHOUT Unlocking it???? Is it Chryslers Flash that is Encrypted or something else already in the PCM the PCM I sent to HP was Blank when i got it back Just Wondering

Advanced Tuner
    Where can you buy a PCM without a calibration already flashed on it?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdanny32 View Post
    If you buy a new PCM from Chrysler that hasnt been installed and Flashed can you tune it with hp WITHOUT Unlocking it???? Is it Chryslers Flash that is Encrypted or something else already in the PCM the PCM I sent to HP was Blank when i got it back Just Wondering
    No. It's a physical change that is required to "unlock" them. There were some rumors that the scatpack stage 1 and the demon crate PCM could be modified without sending for unlock, but I cannot confirm this.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    No. It's a physical change that is required to "unlock" them. There were some rumors that the scatpack stage 1 and the demon crate PCM could be modified without sending for unlock, but I cannot confirm this.
    Physical change? According to HP tuners unlock service page, no hardware on the PCM is modified. What I want to know is how does one get a PCM from the dealer that does not have a calibration already written on it?

https://www.hptuners.com/product/pcm...ation-service/

NOTE: While there is no hardware modification, the back cover of the PCM does need to be removed.