Thread: 4L80e swap need pcm segment swapped. Denver

Tuner in Training

4L80e swap need pcm segment swapped. Denver

Hey there,
    I recently did a 4L80e swap in my 2002 Sierra Denali and everything is almost buttoned up except tuning it. I was under the impression until recently that you could use a regular obd cord to connect with hp tuners but have had no such luck. If I?m not mistaken you need the hardware and I won?t use it enough to justify purchasing one. if I am mistaken please help me out but if not I will gladly pay someone to come segment swap my pcm to a 4L80e. I am located in Arvada, Colorado and my rig is pretty stationary at the moment but if need be I can arrange to trailer it.

Advanced Tuner
    You have to own or have access to a MPVI or MPVI2 to segment swap it. You cannot use a generic OBDII cable, it has to be one of the HPTuners interfaces.

You may be better off finding a local shop to perform the segment swap for you.

What vehicle and PCM/ECM+TCM do you have?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Im in Broomfield and can help you. i sent you an email with my number hit me up and i can come down.
    Last edited by LM7S104X4; 01-17-2020 at 10:50 PM.

Burb66 are you still in need of the segment swap?
    I have mpvi2 and tuning software along with a number of vehicles with a 4l80e that I can use to segment swap. We will need to license your Sierra through hpt which will be 2 credits ($100) for an additional $100 I will segment your trans info and also do a quick tune on the engine. I’m leaving tomorrow morning for Glenwood Springs and won’t be back until Tuesday. Let me
    Know happy to do this this evening if you wish.
    Last edited by LM7S104X4; 01-18-2020 at 03:53 PM.