Thread: Fuel pressure readings erratic after moving sensor to rail

Advanced Tuner

Fuel pressure readings erratic after moving sensor to rail

I installed a new return style fuel system, and retained the FPCM to report fuel pressure. Originally I left the FP sensor near the tank, but had a small difference in FP from Delta. So I moved the sensor to the rail and extended the wiring harness. Now both my FP and inj delta pressure signals are jumpy. I've tried the Manifold Vacuum Patch and enabling "Supercharger fitted", no change.

Before
    MicahBlepp8.hpl
    After move to rail
    MicahBlepp9 V2 MF patch.hpl

I did just upgrade to the beta. Is this a known issue? Or do I actually have crappy fuel pressure at the rail?
    2011 Camaro SS
    Thompson Motorsports Dart 427
    ESS Tuning G4 Supercharger 1158whp/1017wtq
    DSX Tuning stuff

Advanced Tuner
    2011 Camaro SS
    DSX Tuning stuff

Senior Tuner
    it may just be picking up on everything as is so close to the injectors now, u could change the sampling rate in scanner to slow it down so it dosnt show as bad, some pressure sensors dont like vibration from the engine either so it may need to be moved back a little to feed line that isnt moving with engine

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    it may just be picking up on everything as is so close to the injectors now, u could change the sampling rate in scanner to slow it down so it dosnt show as bad, some pressure sensors dont like vibration from the engine either so it may need to be moved back a little to feed line that isnt moving with engine
    Yup, that was it. I moved it to the regulator?s gauge port and all is good.
    2011 Camaro SS
    DSX Tuning stuff