Thread: Corvette T43 TCM changed but having Different OS

Potential Tuner

Corvette T43 TCM changed but having Different OS

Hi All. New on this forum and this is my first topic listing immediately a problem I'm having. Basically we have a beautiful C6 2006 model at our shop and we had to change the TCM module. This was bought from Poland (Europe) as I live in Malta ( Europe also) as they were the only company who could supply us this module. First I made a backup of the old TCM module using the Hp tuners hardware. When I went to upload it on the TCM it says that OS versions are different. I used write Entire mode but unfortunately the ECU didn't communicate with TCM. I reverted back to the stock file the TCM came with but it's stays on LIMP mode. Now I wanted to ask, is there A way I can upload a correct OS file on bought ECM and TCM so they could communicate with each other. I know that there are special diagnostic tools like tech2 that can be used for this job but unfortunately here in Malta there is no one that can help me.

If it was a NEW TCM, not a used one, it would need to be programmed with OE OS/calibration first. It could still use a different OS at this point in an OE calibration. Is the car US spec or export? Not sure if you have access to GM websites, but you can program alot of OE stuff with a laptop, a J-2534 interface box, and a subscription. Access to the website is required for GM stuff. Not sure if Malta can help you.
    03 Z06 stock.......for now
    05 Siearra 5.3 daily
    I have realized that tuning is a rabbit hole. No problem diving down this hole, in fact I jumped willingly. Just want to avoid hitting every ugly rock or root on the way down it.