Thread: 2018 Focus ST Boost issues

2018 Focus ST Boost issues

Hey all! Im new to the page here and just this past fall i installed a GTX2867 Gen 2 EWG 38mm Tial.
    Im currently stumped on why i cant get over 25 pounds of boost with 100% Wastegate Duty Cycle. I have fixed all pre-turbine exhaust leaks and boost leaked tested it like 50 times. I am convinced that there is something in the ECU that is limiting me from going over 25 psi. Any help would be appreciated! if you guys need pics of something specific let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by bigturbolorin View Post
    Hey all! Im new to the page here and just this past fall i installed a GTX2867 Gen 2 EWG 38mm Tial.
    Im currently stumped on why i cant get over 25 pounds of boost with 100% Wastegate Duty Cycle. I have fixed all pre-turbine exhaust leaks and boost leaked tested it like 50 times. I am convinced that there is something in the ECU that is limiting me from going over 25 psi. Any help would be appreciated! if you guys need pics of something specific let me know!
    Without posting your tune it's like you're asking us to play darts blindfolded. Or maybe you think we are Miss Cleo, either way you look at it the outcome is bad.

Tuner in Training
    We ideally need both the tune and a datalog to give any clue as to what is going wrong here!
    May not be tune related, may be a damaged turbine.

Datalog

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution Stu View Post
    We ideally need both the tune and a datalog to give any clue as to what is going wrong here!
    May not be tune related, may be a damaged turbine.
    Yeah I thought i attached a datalog file. In the tune i have WGDC set to 70 percent which should be enough to hit 28-30 psi of boost, but its only hitting 25 -26 psi. I have checked all places before the exhaust turbine and charge pipes and performed a boost leak test and its all fine and dandy. trying to see if there is a limiter in the tune that it is hitting preventing me from the rest of my 4-5 pounds of boost.datalog18.csv

Quote Originally Posted by bigturbolorin View Post
    Yeah I thought i attached a datalog file. In the tune i have WGDC set to 70 percent which should be enough to hit 28-30 psi of boost, but its only hitting 25 -26 psi. I have checked all places before the exhaust turbine and charge pipes and performed a boost leak test and its all fine and dandy. trying to see if there is a limiter in the tune that it is hitting preventing me from the rest of my 4-5 pounds of boost.datalog18.csv
    How do you know it should be making more boost than what it's making? Did you update your compressor efficiency map? What do your torque tables look like? What limiters are coming into affect? I'm throwing darts.... and dialing ms.cleo as we speak.....

Potential Tuner
    Looked at this and here's my opinion... Your TIP gets pretty high up there so the ETC cuts the power and boost quite a bit. Load stays pretty low. The more the ETC is cut, the bigger difference between TIP and Boost, so it hods you back. Use 30.0 duty cycle and map the WGDC base from there perhaps? Look at TIP desired and TIP ceiling also, and add WGDC when there's a big spread, and subtract WGDC when the actual ecxeeds desired/ceiling to keep the throttle (ETC) close to 82 (max). Once you have some points mapped out, smooth out the rest of the WGDC map and do it a few times to get it right. Also another interesting perspective is to try a third gear datalog with ZERO WGDC all across the board, plug it into Virtual Dyno, it will be a nice smooth power curve with PSI depending on the WGA spring tension, and use that as a baseline of where your power is at full ETC and low boost, you may be surprised, and it provides more reference to shape the WGDC 3D map.