Thread: L83 swap 2016 no crank

Potential Tuner

L83 swap 2016 no crank

I swapped motor, trans, bcm, column, ecu, underhood fuse box and drivers fuse box along with the instrument cluster. I've got fuel but relay only clicks no crank. Thanks for any help

Senior Tuner
    If no security light flashing, it's likely a wiring issue.

Potential Tuner
    Ya I'm only getting 48-50 ohms of resistance across my canbus. Would not having all the modules hooked up cause this? I can use my launch scanner and get the engine to crank.

Senior Tuner
    50 ohms is an odd number. If it's like the older stuff it should be 60ohms (2x120ohms resistors in parallel) if correct. So I'm not sure how you would get to 50. Either your meter is off and everything is correct, you don't have any of the resistors and you have bad connections or you have both resistors and a partial short in between.
    http://resources.aeswave.com/ATG-05_...rogramming.pdf

If it's communicating with the scanner and will crank (does it actually start) I would be checking out the ignition/key/safety switch wiring as the first step. Will it start if you jump the starter solenoid?
    Last edited by gtstorey; 04-14-2023 at 07:54 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Oddly when I turn the key to run the gauges light up for a second then goes black for about 8 seconds then ones back on. Security light does not stay on but the info cluster says to service the security system, so I'm thinking it's vatts.

Senior Tuner
    Problems with the CANBUS can cause those issues. If both of the resistors are not in it can cause noise in the system.

Can your launch scanner not tell you anything about what is going on? Will it recognize all of the modules that you installed?