Thread: Driver Demand tables

Tuner in Training

Driver Demand tables

Hi guys,
    Pretty new guy here. Happy with my progress on trans tuning so far on my 2015 Silverado, now trying to get rid of as much throttle lag as I can. From my searching it appears that is in the driver demand tables. When you look at those it says modify at your own risk, as I have heard from some people to be careful here. I attached my stock tune and the latest one that I have not put in to the truck yet. From 4% up to 86% on the table I did +2 across the board, will that do anything at all? Only thing I could find was that small changes make a big difference, so I didn't want to change too much, but I also don't want to brick a computer! Thanks for any advice.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Little B; 01-19-2020 at 11:18 AM.
    New to tuning, but not to cars. Just here to learn!

Tuner in Training
    Look in this section for a post about torque request rate limits. Do that first and see if you notice a difference. You may need to download the beta version to do so first.

I feel it made my 2015 Silverado feel more like a cable driven throttle by being more responsive.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I will try that. I did also find out GM has an updated pedal assembly too. Verified my truck has the old part # so I will try that too when it arrives this week.

Tuner
    Take table "A" and table "C" and modify this way. Highlight the entire table and multiply by 1.05. This adds 5 percent to the entire table. The first instinct is to look at the bottom half of the table and start adding. Trust me, that doesn't work. I'm using five percent as an example, you may add more or less. The torque request rate limits stated earlier help as well. Both adjustments together make a hell of a difference.

Advanced Tuner
    I you have a 4x4 truck and you use 4x4 to do AWD lunches wouldn't you want to modify table B too?? Asking for my self

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonblarc7 View Post
    I you have a 4x4 truck and you use 4x4 to do AWD lunches wouldn't you want to modify table B too?? Asking for my self
    I would say yes.

Tuner in Training
    Update on this. Changes flashed in this morning: all Torque Request Limit tables maxed out as explained in the other thread mentioned above, and took Mbrowning's suggestion but did a 10% increase on the whole Driver Demand table. Big difference for sure, and when I got home from work my new pedal was here so I installed that too. Seems that makes a little bit of difference, but not as much as the tuning did. Overall I'd say it a win!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonblarc7 View Post
    Any or all four. Modify the ones you want to respond more aggressively.

If you tune the truck correctly, the oem dd tables and virt tq tables don;'t need to be touched. I tune these engines with major boost and have stock tables and no issues.
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]

Tuner
    That's awesome and all, but you can still tune a truck ahem, "correctly" and still make the driver demand table more responsive. The tables mentioned affect more than just the engine and transmission.

Always mod the DD tables....

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    Anyway you can post your file? I?ve been wanting to do this to my 2018 5.3 Silverado