Thread: 2005 TTVA motor not working

Potential Tuner

2005 TTVA motor not working

I should start by warning everyone I am brand new to tuning but do have experience building 46,47,48 transmissions and cummins engines. I have a 2005 that has smarty tuning on it currently and I just built the trans and would like to play around with tuning the trans to begin with. When I log with the smarty I can see the TTVA motor moving as it should and everything works well but when I write the tune attached below to the truck I end up with the TTVA never reading while driving and logging and the transmission does not want to shift out of 1st until almost 2500 rpm. It does eventually shift all the way to OD and locks but its definitely not shifting how it should and is somewhat random. I am definitely suspect of the TTVA motor being the issue but not sure if there is another setting somewhere else that is disabling it or having an effect; or if possibly there is something wrong on the hp software side of things.

Ricky05cummins.hpt

Try turning your trans limit back to enabled and see what happens.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom_c13b View Post
    Try turning your trans limit back to enabled and see what happens.
    This ^^

My transmission did all kinds of crazy things when i disabled the trans limit..

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the replies. I tried the trans limit that is located under the main injection limits tab on the engine parameters tonight and that fixed the ttva issue I was having but my excitement was cut short because for some reason now I am locked into Tow Haul mode and Overdrive will not work. Also have a code P0630 (vin not programed or incompatible-ECM/PCM). When tuned with the smarty it does not have any of the issues. Any Ideas what could cause this and if the code I am getting could be related?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CompIgn View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I tried the trans limit that is located under the main injection limits tab on the engine parameters tonight and that fixed the ttva issue I was having but my excitement was cut short because for some reason now I am locked into Tow Haul mode and Overdrive will not work. Also have a code P0630 (vin not programed or incompatible-ECM/PCM). When tuned with the smarty it does not have any of the issues. Any Ideas what could cause this and if the code I am getting could be related?
    Hmm, Im assuming when took the smarty off you returned the truck back to stock before to started tuning with HP? Also have you messed with any transmission setting?

Potential Tuner
    Yes returned to stock before loading HP and yes been playing around with the trans settings. I mistakenly had O/D feature disabled but fixed it and flashed the truck again but still had the same problems. I attached a the latest file I am trying to use. I also am using the beta VCM suite now per HP support"s advice for another unrelated issue. Could the beta have caused and issue. When I was flashing the other day and having the gear holding issues I was using the "latest full version" and it did not have these problems. I also attached a screen shot with my licensing info. On the ford I have licensed I see the vin in the details but on the dodge it has a random number.

Ricky05cummins.hpt

hp tuners lisence.png