Thread: Med 17.1.1 / ZF8HP

Potential Tuner

Med 17.1.1 / ZF8HP

Im trying to use vcm scanner to log some parameters for some tcu tuning and I could not access all the pids I want so I went to read ecu and it keeps saying "failed" so i assume no support for this ecu ? No the vehicle isnt listed but its same as an a4 so maybe ? vehicle is a '13 q5 2.0t

side not : Is there an actual list for the zf8hp as to which parameters in hpt will adjust what in the tcu ? IE: if you wanted to adjust just 2>3 shift at above 50% throttle angle in performance mode? this is just an example. thanks

Tuner
    What interface do you have, and what version of VCM suite are you using? I think you need an MPVI2 interface, AFAIK the older one will not work. And you need the beta version of VCM suite.

If you're using both of those and still have no luck, I'd suggest contacting HP support. I'd certainly think your TCU would be supported... I have a '12 A4 and a '14 A6 and can tune both.

Re the supported parameters, HP does not publish a list and I've asked support before and they won't give you one which is frustrating. But I can tell you there are definitely enough parameters available to do what you want! In fact if you've never tuned the ZF8 before you may find it's too many... there's a steep learning curve to tuning those things. That's not HP's fault... I think their software is pretty good. It's just that the software in the transmission is very complex.

If it helps, here's a stock file (both engine and transmission) from my A4... you'll need the MPVI2 but should not need any credits to read it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Elaw,

Thanks for the help . Yes I have full access to tune the ZF but unable to read the ecu . I?m using mpvi2 on the latest firmware, also using vcm beta . I absolutely agree hpt?s support is great for ZF8 . Thanks for the files , I like to compare various stock files .

Tuner
    I'd contact HP support. I think their software (/ the MPVI2) probably identifies ECUs by part number or something similar, and although it's pretty much the same transmission as in the A4, the Q5 tranny has a different ID number so it's not talking to it.