Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why So Much knock ?

Why So Much knock ?

Hello Im tuning a v6 2013 mustang the car is basically stock with just an axleback , in the tune i only changed the power enrichment lamda to .850 , fuel enrichment pedal to 75% and the enrichment rate to .750 lamda

car is knocking pretty bad it reached 3 degress of knock all the way from the beginning of entering Power enrichment , what do you think is the reason
    i retuned it to stock and the car worked as normal and actually added timing

Attachment 95998tune.hpt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by malikib; 01-20-2020 at 04:15 AM.

This looks like a real knock - fill it with race gas. Goes away = bad fuel. Does not = mechanical issue.

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    This looks like a real knock - fill it with race gas. Goes away = bad fuel. Does not = mechanical issue.
    It went away when i returned it to stock tune with lambda being .876

this is a pull right after with the stock tune

granted it didnt go into power enrichment but there doesn't seem to be any knock
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by malikib; 01-20-2020 at 07:38 AM.

Tuner in Training
    You need to log a few more pids. What is your cam timing doing? mine also runs .820 area lambda at wot with 26+ timing

Quote Originally Posted by n2ov6 View Post
    You need to log a few more pids. What is your cam timing doing? mine also runs .820 area lambda at wot with 26+ timing
    What is the cam timing affect on this particular situation? Its all stock currently

.820 don?t you think is too rich for a N/A its like 11.5 afr

Tuner in Training
    MustangENGINE.Channels.Channels.xml
    put this in your scanner and do another run. I also noticed (using my stock tune) looks like you changed your mbt table for #1, DONT change any timing on mbt tables. on your tune a lot of things can be changed to remove your knock besides pulling timing. put your wot fuel at .825. also change your max advance back to stock or -2* so you will see where its adding timing.

Tuner in Training
    give me a sec may have to upload my whole scanner setup. lol

Tuner in Training
    give me about 10 mins I will go do a pull and show you the difference. My car is a 13, stock everything minus cats.

thank you so much n2ov6 , I really appreciate you helping me . your layout is extremely useful i will do the changes you suggested and send the pull

i changed the mbt to create a pop and crackle effect , it works well but as you suggested im better off just changing the borderline

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by malikib View Post
    thank you so much n2ov6 , I really appreciate you helping me . your layout is extremely useful i will do the changes you suggested and send the pull

i changed the mbt to create a pop and crackle effect , it works well but as you suggested im better off just changing the borderline
    Don't change the mbt, change your "spark decal" under tip out to -30*. Here is a pull on mine, stock car with 87 gas. I have a little area looks like I need to change but i'm not worried about it right now.
    20-01-20 10-21-21.hpl

Man these are phenomenal log results , congrats your car is running amazingly strong for 87 and stock
    look like you are pushing almost 290 wheel hp

One question if you may how is your maf logging this much airflow , mine peaks at 209 g/s at wot at 6500 while yours get to 240 is it tuning related or does it need an intake or do the cats have this much effect on airflow ?

Tuner in Training
    Man these are phenomenal log results , congrats your car is running amazingly strong for 87 and stock
    look like you are pushing almost 290 wheel hp

One question if you may how is your maf logging this much airflow , mine peaks at 209 g/s at wot at 6500 while yours get to 240 is it tuning related or does it need an intake or do the cats have this much effect on airflow ?
    Honesty idk how much whp it makes lol. I rescaled my maf after removing cats, on the log look at the ltft+stft and I used that to recsale it. I guess its possible no cats can do that but i'm not 100% sure. I have also adjusted my torque management along with my torque tables. I don't have anything that's limiting it to much. give me a few and I will do a 1-2 pull, hopefully it wont spin to much lol. I could do some fine tuning and get a little more out of it.

Tuner in Training
    Not all that good. had a lot of spinning.20-01-20 11-37-13.hpl
    20-01-20 11-39-17.hpl

just tried the .82 lamda and had 2 degrees of knock then tried .846 i went to 3.5 knock please tell me what you think
    full throttle 3.hplfull throttle 2.hpl

Tuner in Training
    just tried the .82 lamda and had 2 degrees of knock then tried .846 i went to 3.5 knock please tell me what you think
    full throttle 3.hplfull throttle 2.hpl
    You need to log all 16 map points. you will have to remove some timing or do some cam adjusments. send me you tune and I will make some adjusments for you so you can see what I am talking about. [email protected] I will send you my channels and layout so you can use it and change it to your liking.

Tuner in Training
    Is your car auto?

Quote Originally Posted by n2ov6 View Post
    Is your car auto?
    Im using your channels that you sent me earlier
    I will send it to you now thank you so much for taking your time to do this
    The car is a manual and this knock is driving me crazy

Tuner in Training
    Im using your channels that you sent me earlier
    I will send it to you now thank you so much for taking your time to do this
    The car is a manual and this knock is driving me crazy
    On your knock (-X) is good, its adding timing. you need some cam adjustments on the little I have seen.

i know that but if you go to the 5400-6800 you'll see that the knock goes to 3.4 positive and the spark gets to 21 with mbt being 27