Thread: vcm suite not opening

vcm suite not opening

I just ordered the mpvi2 and it came in and I got a brand new lap top, when I downloaded the vcm suite it installed without a hitch, but when I try to open it my mouse wheel spins then nothing. I downloaded it onto my desktop and it opened no issues. they are both operating on the same os, both on the same version of windows exactly and the same .net framework the only difference is my desktop has 16gigs of ram where as my laptop has 4 but my laptop meets the requirements posted on the website.

Potential Tuner
    I have the same issue with VCM Suite/Scanner not opening. I have Windows 10 and 4gb of ram.

Were you able to resolve this?

Advanced Tuner
    right click, go to properties/compatibility. Tick the box that says "Run this program as Administrator" check apply. See if that helps

Tuner in Training
    the more current versions of the vcm software are incompatible if the version of windows software your running is also out of date. mine runs fine on an old laptop that started life with windows 7, than 8, and now 10Home. I shutdown everything running in the background and uninstalled all unecessary apps/programs as to use the device solely for tuning, set me back 30 dollars at the pawn shop. wish everything i had was nice but you only earn what ya learn ;p

Potential Tuner
    I came across this. I needed to update Microsoft NET Framework. I did a fresh Win10 install on my tuning laptop and had to work through this issue.