Thread: 6l80e tuning

Tuner in Training

6l80e tuning

So, i just got hptuners, and want to mess with my stock 2015 5.3 sierra. What should i adjust and how much should i? Where are some good files and good literature on tuning the gen v 6l80? I?ve figured out how to delete dod and the speed limiter, its just so over whelming. Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Yes it does seem overwhelming at first. I just got HPT around Christmas. You can pick it up fast, just work on one thing at a time. I also worked on the trans in my 2015 Silverado first and it will make a ton of difference in the drivability. A few videos I found extremely helpful:

Some torque management help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8X5z0qxnM4
    Download the BlueCat trans calculator, this will make things very easy as a start : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8vi7A7RGEs
    Trans tuning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L006vkWbkQ

This will get you started and make a big difference. I am still playing with shift pressures and timing honing in on what I like. Start with these changes using the BC trans calculator and the other changes in the videos. I ended up pulling back just a bit on the shift timing, as I felt like on a stock truck the shifts were stretched out a bit too far. I also did not go as far on the oncoming pressure presets or line pressure as Cesar mentions. I am in the 300/450/550 range right now on the oncoming presets and shifts are pretty firm but not bone jarring, and around 850KPA line pressure. Once you get started it's fun to play and see what the changes do.
    Also look up my thread on Driver Demand tables, that makes a world of difference on these trucks!
    New to tuning, but not to cars. Just here to learn!

For what it's worth I pretty much never touch anything torque mngt related for the transmission and never have a one single problem with performance. I do not suggest changing much of anything TM related for now.

Most of the stuff I do is stock or lightly modded.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks fellas! Im going to tweak the file on lunch

Tuner in Training
    Wheres the oncoming oressure oresets?

2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Forgive me, I havent used forum’s in years just fb groups lol

Quote Originally Posted by leque123 View Post
    Still can't get an answer to this question. I'm still stuck in this mess.
    The reason you are having a problem getting an answer is because the question is so generic. Like asking "How do you fix stuff"?
    You need to be more specific or maybe just look at the thousands of posts here and on the internet to give you a better understanding of how HPtuners and other tuners work.
    It would help to have a reasonable understanding of how engines, and transmissions work to begin with. Then you will better understand what the outcome of changing something will do. The newer you are to tuning the more you want to go step by step and don't make more than one change or you will get lost and have to revert back to an original file. Also it helps that each change you label accurately on what you did and what step you are on.

It's a spammer. Check out that weird underscore in the quoted text that doesn't exist in the original. I hope everyone responsible for shit like that dies in a fire.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    It's a spammer. Check out that weird underscore in the quoted text that doesn't exist in the original. I hope everyone responsible for shit like that dies in a fire.
    I couldn't agree more with that statement.
    I also agree with this one. "There are only three Star Wars movies and anyone who says otherwise is a moron."
    You, my friend, actually get it.....

Spammer account is banned. Please keep reporting posts like this, we’ll get rid of them as quickly as we can
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock