Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3.6 Pentastar w/ Sprintex (JKU)

Tuner in Training

3.6 Pentastar w/ Sprintex (JKU)

Just received my MPVI2 and want to try and alter PE settings on my 2016 JKU with a sprintex supercharger. An issue I?m seeing is about 10% pedal I can make about 1-2PSI, from 11% to about 90% I don?t make more boost - then suddenly I ramp up to 8-9PSI.

No issues with vacuum or boost leaks, and the bypass valve is checking out ok. I?m going to try setting PE delays to 0 with a ramp of 2.0.

Any suggestions on things to try? Wideband is going in soon as well.
    Last edited by feederic; 01-24-2020 at 03:16 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I believe I have narrowed in on why I cannot make mid-range boost. It seems there is an issue with how the pedal position is mapping to commanded throttle.

I can initially depress the pedal to command the throttle to 20% fairly easily.
    Afterwards, I can depress the pedal substantially with very little increase to throttle position.
    Eventually, commanded throttle will jump from 28% to 72%, and boost jumps from 2PSI to 8-9PSI.

Right now I am looking into how to update pedal position with commanded throttle. Any help would be appreciated!

Advanced Tuner
    You will need to make your airflow numbers substantially smaller to get a more linear response to pedal.
    You can try some of the settings in the attached tune
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Tried the airflow settings in the tune, got a check engine light.

The scanner shows commanded throttle not increasing much past 28% then ramping suddenly to 72% as I keep depressing the pedal. Is this airflow or some throttle to pedal related mapping?

Tuner in Training
    Comparing my tune to the tune attached by hemituna, I?m seeing big differences in the airflow sections. Small and large table look fairly different.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by feederic View Post
    Comparing my tune to the tune attached by hemituna, I?m seeing big differences in the airflow sections. Small and large table look fairly different.
    They all need to line up as they work together.
    You would be best to steal most/all of my tune....I have given it to lots of guys and it has transformed their vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    They all need to line up as they work together.
    You would be best to steal most/all of my tune....I have given it to lots of guys and it has transformed their vehicles.
    very nice of you Hemituna,

any NA tune you can let us steal also

Tuner in Training
    Tried it out this morning. WOWOW!!! WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

I believe my issue is I could never reach 30-70% commanded throttle before going into WOT. Now I can command throttle and any PSI barely moving my foot!

I just did a quick drive around the block and restored my original tune, no WOT at all and stayed well below 3000RPM.

Since I have upgraded 52lb injectors, and methanol injection (used mainly for cooling) would these mods require tune adjustment?

Also, would you happen to know what drive ratio/ size tires the TCM portion was setup for?

Tuner in Training
    Something odd that I had happen, is my check engine light came on after flashing the TCM. I reverted back to my original tune and the light came on. I need to figure out how to get the code. Just something odd. MPIV2 said to cycle ignition which I did, and did not give me any more prompts so I just disconnected.

Advanced Tuner
    Tried it out this morning. WOWOW!!! WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

I believe my issue is I could never reach 30-70% commanded throttle before going into WOT. Now I can command throttle and any PSI barely moving my foot!

I just did a quick drive around the block and restored my original tune, no WOT at all and stayed well below 3000RPM.

Since I have upgraded 52lb injectors, and methanol injection (used mainly for cooling) would these mods require tune adjustment?

Also, would you happen to know what drive ratio/ size tires the TCM portion was setup for?

Fuelling is to suit the injectors in magnuson/edelbrock kit so if yours are different that will require some adjustment using a wideband.
    TCM settings are for std ratios and wheels/tyres.
    Last edited by Hemituna; 01-22-2020 at 11:18 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you kindly for the reply. I do have a dyno tune with the larger injectors. Can I use the airflow settings in the tune you provided and insert them into my dyno tune? Or do I need to go back to a shop (which I am trying to avoid honestly).

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you kindly for the reply. I do have a dyno tune with the larger injectors. Can I use the airflow settings in the tune you provided and insert them into my dyno tune? Or do I need to go back to a shop (which I am trying to avoid honestly).
    Yes, you can use all tune airflow numbers etc just keep your fuel (inj settings and PE adders) numbers that you created on dyno.

Keep an eye on AFR's tho as it may want more fuel with the new cam numbers.

Potential Tuner
    You will need to make your airflow numbers substantially smaller to get a more linear response to pedal.
    You can try some of the settings in the attached tune
    Hemituna, would you have a NA tune to share? I've been working with my 14 Ram Pentastar for a while now. I've made some improvements, but I believe there is more to be had from the VVT adjustments.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by billyjackd View Post
    Hemituna, would you have a NA tune to share? I've been working with my 14 Ram Pentastar for a while now. I've made some improvements, but I believe there is more to be had from the VVT adjustments.
    I really only do blown tunes but if you work some ways towards the cam settings in my s/c tunes you will find improvements NA.

You can try the airflow numbers too....

Potential Tuner
    I really only do blown tunes but if you work some ways towards the cam settings in my s/c tunes you will find improvements NA.

You can try the airflow numbers too....
    I have found top end improvements, but so far the low end torque is worse after changes. Can I PM you?

Tuner in Training
    I’ve been having P054A/B codes show up with the cam settings. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Advanced Tuner
    Speaking of supercharging a 3.6 engine, there is a guy on the CT forum claiming he's putting down 500HP to the wheels on just 8lbs of boost. Did not realize the 3.6 could put down such numbers on with modest boost.
    https://www.challengertalk.com/threa...8/post-8543302

Tuner in Training
    I’ve been having P054A/B codes show up with the cam settings. Any suggestions on how to fix?
    Delete the DTCs
    2015 200s 3.6 AWD
    luciddeath/Demigod tuned
    [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    @Hemituna-

I?m putting a Sprintex intercooled unit on my 2011 JKU (3.8L). It doesn?t have the included Diablo tuner unit (it?s used- less than 6000 miles on previous Jeep) -I need to get a tuner and some decent tunes. What would you suggest?!?
    Can you provide good tune files?
    Any other MODS I should do for daily driver?

Currently:
    3.5? lift, 37? tires, 4.56 gears.

Also to consider, I?ve used a Superchips programmer for simple adjustments. Would I return everything to Stock before changing tuners?

Advanced Tuner
    I have only done the 3.6's not the 3.8 sorry.