Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NAG1/A580 Part Throttle Shift Scheduling Table Tuning

Potential Tuner
    Hi all! I have a 2012 supercharged GC WK2 3.6
    Transmission reading problem during the HP Tuner connection. Has anyone come across?

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-03 at 10.24.36.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by xennex View Post
    I'm fairly good with binary analysis, have Winols etc. I'm fairly sure there are many tables that HPTuners does not have. Working in this direction would good, but I think the TCM binary is just the EEPROM/Flash data and not the code as well..
    If you have the capability to pull the cal with Winols that would be a step in the right direction for us to check a few things and possibly find other tables and parameters that we need for consistent PT shifting

Tuner in Training

Tables are incorrect

I read the TCM and loaded into winols. Shift tables are easy to find as the multiplier is 15, and each table is unique.

In the little time I have had, I added the sport/performance and winter/4lo. For these tables the HPTuners table values look ok but but throttle indexes are clearly wrong.

sport-upshift.png

What are the correct throttle values you ask? Let me double check everything and then I will post them. I'm guessing that most people are using a spreadsheet like myself so copying in the correct index will fix things.

Tuner in Training
    And it now makes my tables look very wrong. I'm fairly sure I have the correct tables and indexes. I believe the ECU might be interpolating between the normal and performance tables the whole time, but would not expect those two tables to overlap. So something looks wrong still.

jk2016.xls

Tuner in Training
    TCC apply/release have both incorrect indexes but also 1st and 2nd have incorrect table values. They used a multiplier of 15 rather than 25. I was wondering why I could not get 2nd gear to lock up at the right point.

tcc-apply.pngtcc-release.png

To be fair it looks incorrect from the factory to me, as 2nd gear is much higher than the other gears. Unless HPTuners loaded/saved values with different multipliers.

Update: Scaling the TCC apply/release values by 15/25 fixed the problem I was having where 2nd gear would lock up very late. I thought I was losing one of the clutches.
    Last edited by xennex; 10-01-2021 at 06:38 PM.

Tuner in Training
    TCC apply/release have both incorrect indexes but also 1st and 2nd have incorrect table values. They used a multiplier of 15 rather than 25. I was wondering why I could not get 2nd gear to lock up at the right point.

tcc-apply.pngtcc-release.png

To be fair it looks incorrect from the factory to me, as 2nd gear is much higher than the other gears. Unless HPTuners loaded/saved values with different multipliers.

Update: Scaling the TCC apply/release values by 15/25 fixed the problem I was having where 2nd gear would lock up very late. I thought I was losing one of the clutches.
    @Xennex can u clarify how you scaled the values by 15/25, please? i.e. What is the formula?

NVM, i see you took the OSS (rpm) * 0.6 for all tables in 1st and 2nd gear, to give you the "corrected" value.
    Last edited by shak3r; 10-01-2021 at 10:17 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, enter 0.6 x the actual value for the TCC apply and release to get the rpm you want. I'm assuming that everyone is using a spreadsheet to alter the values anyhow, so I have an extra row which is the value to plug back into HPTuners.

A word of caution: there is another thread where someone has posted a 2014 Wrangler file and those indexes match my corrected indexes. So it could only be some model years that are wrong.

Potential Tuner
    Yes, enter 0.6 x the actual value for the TCC apply and release to get the rpm you want. I'm assuming that everyone is using a spreadsheet to alter the values anyhow, so I have an extra row which is the value to plug back into HPTuners.

A word of caution: there is another thread where someone has posted a 2014 Wrangler file and those indexes match my corrected indexes. So it could only be some model years that are wrong.
    Do you have a ink to that file? I have a 2014 that I'm still having issues with my 3rd to 4th shifts on.

Tuner in Training
    Post your tune and I will tell you.

Potential Tuner
    I attached two files one of them says No3, i was pretty happy with that one except for 3rd to 4th so i tried again with the no5 file but no luck.

I guess I should provide more of what I'm going for. I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, re-geared to 4.56 with 35's. I don't like running high RPM's nowhere near redline! With that no3 file I see I do need to raise 2nd to 3rd shift at 20-25ish percent throttle. Shifts out to quick. So at the 30% and below I would like to keep shifts in the 2600 to 3100 RPM range with 50%ish throttle being 3800 to 4200 and then of course WOT just under 6000.
    Last edited by InDEBTicon; 10-19-2021 at 11:23 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Upshift tables I cannot match.
    Downshift indexes are wrong but tables values are correct.
    TCC apply and release tables indexes are wrong for all tables.
    TTC apply and release 1st and 2nd rpm values are 60% of the actual values.

I think we need @HPTuners to fix this.

Advanced Tuner

$20 says they won't.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by InDEBTicon View Post
    I attached two files one of them says No3, i was pretty happy with that one except for 3rd to 4th so i tried again with the no5 file but no luck.

I guess I should provide more of what I'm going for. I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, re-geared to 4.56 with 35's. I don't like running high RPM's nowhere near redline! With that no3 file I see I do need to raise 2nd to 3rd shift at 20-25ish percent throttle. Shifts out to quick. So at the 30% and below I would like to keep shifts in the 2600 to 3100 RPM range with 50%ish throttle being 3800 to 4200 and then of course WOT just under 6000.
    Do you have any datalogs to share? Remember to include the "upshift speed offset" into you channel list. Basically copy the channel list and layout in the screenshot that I posted on the top of page 2 of this thread.

Advanced Tuner

Finally some solid and awesome info that helps all of us trying to tune this trans!
    Great work!
    Have you contacted HPT to see what they say about the errors you have uncovered?
    Would be great if they could actually fix these.

Potential Tuner
    Here's yesterdays log after putting No3back into the Jeep. When I got the HP Tuners dongle all I did was read my ecu(s) i changed a few RPM values in the shift schedule tab. I changed nothing else in the trans portion of the read. On the ECU side all I changed was the fan turn on temps. That's it, no other changes. No torque converter stuff or anything just shift schedule tab RPMs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HaasExp View Post
    Finally some solid and awesome info that helps all of us trying to tune this trans!
    Great work!
    Have you contacted HPT to see what they say about the errors you have uncovered?
    Would be great if they could actually fix these.
    I've only just contacted support. I'm fairly sure they will address this.

What would be really nice would be the software doing the simple calculation of driveshaft rpm to road speed so I don't need to keep copying too and from a spreadsheet.
    Last edited by xennex; 10-21-2021 at 08:15 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I've only just contacted support. I'm fairly sure they will address this.

What would be really nice would be the software doing the simple calculation of driveshaft rpm to road speed so I don't need to keep copying too and from a spreadsheet.
    You can create a math channel in scanner that shows OSS to MPH pretty easily. I have one, but depending on tire height and rear gear ratio the constant will vary so my formula is no good to you - but if you're using a spreadsheet, you know what the formula should be.

Tuner in Training
    Nope, HP Tuners want me to connect the tool to the vehicle and capture a debug file. Can't do that since the vehicle is 50 miles away. Then they want explicit documentation on what tables are incorrect and what address they should be.

Come on HP Tuners, eyeball the table definitions and you'll find the problem in less than a minute I bet - the pattern of index/index/index/table/table/table is obvious. Table IDs are in the images above if you would look.
    Last edited by xennex; 10-22-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Nope, HP Tuners want me to connect the tool to the vehicle and capture a debug file. Can't do that since the vehicle is 50 miles away. Then they want explicit documentation on what tables are incorrect and what address they should be.

Come on HP Tuners, eyeball the table definitions and you'll find the problem in less than a minute I bet - the pattern of index/index/index/table/table/table is obvious. Table IDs are in the images above if you would look.
    Certainly becomes frustrating when it seems like you work for HP Tuners and not the other way around, right? These paychecks are pretty light!

You can pay more for user defined parameters and just fix it yourself, but if you can do that, then why not just use something like WINOLS or Tunerpro?