Thread: New - Already eff'd something up - Cts-V 2012 EU model, VATS/Alarm/theft/nostart

Potential Tuner

New - Already eff'd something up - Cts-V 2012 EU model, VATS/Alarm/theft/nostart

So, I've been reading quite a bit, and wanted to just pull the tune from my CTS-V to see what it looked like, whether it was stock, or not, and just to understand and learn.

And I managed to fuck something up to the point where my car is stranded and won't start.

SO the short story: I was struggling to get the system to connect last night, managed to update the software on the mpvi2, and wanted to retry this morning. Needed to drop my daughter off at kindergarten, and figured before I head to work, I might try to just read the file.

I was attempting to re-connect via BT, but that wasn't working, and so I just threw the cable on, The car was already in ACC, and i hit the read button, but then I wanted to check that the car was in ACC and managed to start the car. It actually started reading this time, but then the car stopped running (leaving the tach at 800 rpm while it was reading, but the engine was not running). I realized now that I should have aborted and tried re=reading in the acc position, but hindsight is 20/20.

It managed to fully read, but then the car would not start and I would get a strange alarm from the rear drivers side wheel well. I'm assuming this is a theft/VATs issue. I had previously read about issues where the car would have TCS/STS failures doing this, but never anything with the theft issue.

In my desire to not abandon my car in the parking lot, I attempted to research online and couldn't find anything, So I tried the standard remove the battery plug, and I left the car in acc for 10 minutes and attempted to restart, with no success. I then tried to re-write to the engine with the VATS disabled, hoping maybe that would get me moving at least.

To no avail. I got to walk a ways to work, and am now trying to figure out what went wrong. I've attached the base files that I managed to pull,. Would appreciate any help in solving this issue.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Do a write entire with the ignition on but the engine off and see if that gets you back up.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Potential Tuner
    FYI, for anyone searching, it was all the damn battery. I did a "module reset" aka, touching the positive and negative terminals together for 15 seconds after removing them from the battery, connected a new battery and it fired right up.

Holy fuck is that the least graceful way I've had a car handle a dying battery.