Thread: Tune to Remove Transmission

Tuner in Training

Tune to Remove Transmission

I have a 13 ram that came with a 6speed and put in a 392 with an 8speed and transmission module from Russel at Sound German automotive. I need a way to tell the truck ecu to stop looking for my old six speed. I can put the truck in gear and drive it, but the PRNDL is constantly flashing as it is getting info from the new transmission module and the ecu. I have tried enabling Manual on the tune but that doesn't give me any results.

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Have you tried comparing a stock tune that has an A8? Also look into getting AlfaOBD ($50 software that requires a OBD interface like OBDlink MX or MX+...does not work with MPVI2) as you can interrogate other modules like BCM and ABS to see if you are throwing codes that can't be seen by HP tuners. You also might need to change the configuration or intialize some of the modules. For example, I thought HP tuners could enable launch control on my challenger but it turns out that I had to make a chassis type change in the BCM and re-initialize the ABS module. Basically there is a lot of interaction between modules and just making some changes on one won't cut it.

Tuner in Training
    Homer I just got alphaobd and trying to learn that as well. Honestly, there is so much information at your fingertips makes for a large learning curve for myself. As always thanks for the help and giving direction it all helps. I haven't gotten into the chassis on alpha yet. Hopefully when I get this truck running which needs to be before coronacation ends I will be able to post the solution.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TunaSRT View Post
    Homer I just got alphaobd and trying to learn that as well. Honestly, there is so much information at your fingertips makes for a large learning curve for myself. As always thanks for the help and giving direction it all helps. I haven't gotten into the chassis on alpha yet. Hopefully when I get this truck running which needs to be before coronacation ends I will be able to post the solution.
    To be honest, with alfa I really am going in blind. The ram and charger forum seem to have a bunch of guys messing with it but not so much the challenger guys. Yes, the systems should be very similar but I have been trying to figure out launch control since I bought the car in 2016 and there is still nothing on the web about it. If it was not for another member taking reads of his car I would have never figured out that changing the chassis type was the key. Even when I found that out I was getting an ABS/TC error that at first kinda freaked me out until I saw a snippet from alfa's gui that sometimes a re-initialization of the ABS module is needed so it knows the vehicle configuration has changed. Anyways, it probably is not applicable to your issue but letting you know that there is some detective work that needs to be done. Which is why I see pro shops might not want to share info as it does take time and effort to get things working.

If you ever get bored...here is the thread about my adventure. Seems trivial now but it wasn't back then.
    https://www.challengertalk.com/threa...-trans.678125/
    Last edited by Homer; 04-15-2020 at 12:23 PM.