Thread: Guidance on E85 Tuning with GenV LT1

Potential Tuner

Guidance on E85 Tuning with GenV LT1

Sorry about what I feel is a rookie question, but I am in the midst of starting tuning on my Camaro.

I am curious about any information to self-educate on flex tuning with the 2017+ ECM that has a Flex sensor added.

FYI - My car is a 2018 LT1 SS, and a year ago I put a ECS Novi 1500 on it, E85, and LT4 Fueling and had it tuned by a local tuner. This winter I am taking on building a forged bottom end & cam, and am contemplating taking the GenV Tuning School class, however I do not think they have any content on Flex tuning with the Torque Based model?

Thank you in advance for any guidance

My suggestion is pay a tuner or find a tuner that can look over your shoulder and guide you. If you try this on your own for the first time with little experience it’s gonna cost a lot $$$ for a second engine. Just be careful

If I can assist you any, please let me know

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

I tune them all the time. Let me know if you need a remote tune for it once completed or questions on products to make it perform well.
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    I agree with the idea that this is more of an advanced topic and should be handled by someone who has worked with flex fuel systems.

The Tuning School's Gen V Course does not cover flex fuel tuning but I highly recommend taking it to understand the complexities of the torque based limiters that are presented when tuning those vehicles.
    Between the real world applications taught by experienced instructors and the people you will meet during one of the courses you will be much better off attending a live seminar than just paying someone to do it for you every time you make a modification.

Feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions [email protected]

We are not afraid of complex topics. Plenty of accurate GM GenV training material is available on our streaming site, brought to you by an experienced OEM calibration engineer.

HERE'S The Flex Fuel Segment We Recently Made.

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    We are not afraid of complex topics. Plenty of accurate GM GenV training material is available on our streaming site, brought to you by an experienced OEM calibration engineer.

I just got my first tank of E85 in the Gen IV 5.3 Turbo 68 Impala this past weekend. I followed your video and made the changes needed and the car (deathtrap) rocks! Highly recommend anything Greg puts out.

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 5.44.08 AM.jpg

Sheers!

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post

Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports