Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners Now Offering 2014-2019 Ram & Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel Support

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Sure, I should be able to add that... anymore requests while I am adding?
    Actual and Demanded Engine TQ values that display a TQ value and not a % Ratio please. So I can Plot the Various tables that use a Tq reference.

Thank You

Are you guys planning on supporting the 2020 ecodiesels? And would/could the new 2020 3.0L Ecodiesel Wrangler be rolled into that group? I'm currently still waiting on my 2020 JL Wrangler diesel that was ordered 5 months ago, but I'm pretty excited about the possibility of utilizing an HPtuner to help patch some issues in the factory tune. Like many others when my EGR fails I'd love the ability to turn it off or to be able to at least disable the associated codes as someone else mentioned.

Be smart about what you post on the open web plz ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by Smxtmpr34 View Post
    Be smart about what you post on the open web plz ppl.
    You referring to my post?

Tuner in Training

3.0 VM deisel

Hello everyone. Here is the file for the Russian market
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training

3.0 VM deisel

This file is for the Russian market too. The owner of the car claims that he has cut out egr. But what is it?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I haven't checked the file but is should just be the disabling of the dtc, what kind of vehicle is this from?

Hey is there still progress being made with updating some of the channels that was mentioned before. Eric@HPtuners

Potential Tuner
    sup pep's new to the tuning game and looking into getting this nvpi2 unit, im wanting to turn off egr and dpf and do a tune , does this do all of that ?
    if so is there any guys in here selling tunes and doing some lessons for a 14 plate diesel Overland ?
    please pm or email me .. huge thanks in advance for any help ... will keep reading now

I've been messing with HP Tuners on one of our trucks at work for fun experimentation. *Disclaimer: the truck never left our private lot. Unplugging the egr valve produces much better throttle response but will almost immediately set P0299(underboost) at light throttle conditions. This seems odd to me. Does anyone know if the EGR valve is normally closed fully? Disabling P0299 in the DTC list prevents the code but it will still go into limp mode. Does anyone know more about the Upper/Lower limit for boost control deviation? I messed with the lower limit thinking that prevent it from triggering P0299 but no luck.

Banned
    Things aren?t as simple as unplugging and blocking DTC?s like it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Things aren?t as simple as unplugging and blocking DTC?s like it used to be.
    Right but LtStewy did the same thing and he never mentioned anything about underboosting after that. I?m wondering if this truck has a mechanical issue causing this. I?m going to play with it more today.

Banned
    I know on the 2010-2012 6.7L Cummins if you just unplug the EGR and block the DTC?s it most definitely will give you underboost and other problems. Lot more needs to be done for it to run right. The 2013+ 6.7L Cummins is a bit different but still needs to be done right, more than unplugging and blocking codes for it to run right.

I flashed it back to stock and ran it under the same conditions and it still sets P0299 so I’m going to get that figured out and then come back to this.

Potential Tuner
    My truck was reflashed at the dealer yesterday. I had the GDE Hot Tune(DPF intact, EGR shut off), and their Transmission tune as well. They offer a new tune that still uses the EGR to appease the EPA, but I would prefer not do that.

Quote Originally Posted by billy mild View Post
    My truck was reflashed at the dealer yesterday. I had the GDE Hot Tune(DPF intact, EGR shut off), and their Transmission tune as well. They offer a new tune that still uses the EGR to appease the EPA, but I would prefer not do that.
    I?d go with MR tune then if you?d like to get something close to what you had, that?d be my choice if I lost my GDE tune

Tuner in Training
    Just sold my Ram for a GMC 2500 (payload limit reasons only). I had the Ram ED running great on the latest tune for about 8,000 miles (5,000 of that towing 4-5k lbs up and down the Rockies). I wasn't happy with the way the truck drove until the transmission was tuned. The single largest improvement to MPG and driving experience was with a trans tune that lowered the shift points in the upper gears. I'll post it just in case it helps someone out.

Hey is there any update or ETA on some of the PID's that were going to be added to the Scanner? Specifically one for Exhaust/Turbo Drive Pressure?

Potential Tuner
    Eric, are you guys getting close to working on getting the channels available for the different modes? It'd be nice to know what modes and maps are used when. I asked him unable to find everything I want in the log utility. it seems like a lot of channels aren't available for the EcoDiesel yet.
    Last edited by GpUtah; 11-30-2020 at 10:26 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    I'll see about adding a channel for the Mode.
    Eric, are you guys getting close to working on getting the channels available for the different modes? It'd be nice to know what modes and maps are used when. I asked him unable to find everything I want in the log utility. it seems like a lot of channels aren't available for t the EcoDiesel yet.